Fall grades released in a few weeks. Updated transcript req?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
anonymousdouche

Fall grades released in a few weeks. Updated transcript req?

Postby anonymousdouche » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:54 am

For those currently enrolled in school, if we send in our application BEFORE fall grades are released, is it really required that we send in an updated transcript the moment they're released?

In the application instructions for every school I'm looking at it says we do, but how strict are they about that? If I just don't, will that reflect poorly?

I expect my fall grades to lower my GPA, which is why I'm asking.

Nebby

Re: Fall grades released in a few weeks. Updated transcript req?

Postby Nebby » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:28 am

If they want it, then they'll contact you and request it. If not, then don't send it.

zhongxiaozhui

Postby zhongxiaozhui » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:47 am

I am wondering this too. I am also curious how we update our fall grades? Do we just send fall transcript directly to school or do we have to send to LSAC?

Nebby

Postby Nebby » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:08 pm

zhongxiaozhui wrote:I am wondering this too. I am also curious how we update our fall grades? Do we just send fall transcript directly to school or do we have to send to LSAC?

Send to LSAC. They take care of the rest.

LET'S GET IT

Postby LET'S GET IT » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:34 pm

anonymousdouche wrote:For those currently enrolled in school, if we send in our application BEFORE fall grades are released, is it really required that we send in an updated transcript the moment they're released?

In the application instructions for every school I'm looking at it says we do, but how strict are they about that? If I just don't, will that reflect poorly?

Submit now and don't update unless they ask, which is very unlikely. Last year, I submitted all my apps in Nov/Dec and never updated grades. No one mentioned it.

anonymousdouche

Postby anonymousdouche » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:10 pm

LET'S GET IT wrote:
anonymousdouche wrote:For those currently enrolled in school, if we send in our application BEFORE fall grades are released, is it really required that we send in an updated transcript the moment they're released?

Submit now and don't update unless they ask, which is very unlikely. Last year, I submitted all my apps in Nov/Dec and never updated grades. No one mentioned it.

That's reassuring. Do you mind me asking what law schools you applied to (or at least what tier)?

LET'S GET IT

Postby LET'S GET IT » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:40 pm

anonymousdouche wrote:
LET'S GET IT wrote:

That's reassuring. Do you mind me asking what law schools you applied to (or at least what tier)?

As high as H (hail mary) and as low as TTT (in case I couldn't move for some reason). Got in to 2 T14's (one RD and one off the WL) and ended up at a T20.

rustyburger2

Postby rustyburger2 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:36 pm

Here's a bump - I'm wondering the same thing. I hope more people share their experience.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”