Do parts of LSN seem "broken"?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Do parts of LSN seem "broken"?

Postby ScottRiqui » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:25 am

I've noticed that for some schools (like Georgetown and UT), the "acceptance rate" is stuck at 0%, because the "number of applications" is always zero. Also, for every single school, the ethnicity pie chart in the "student body" section is a) missing a huge chunk of the students, compared to the numbers in the "men vs. women" pie chart and b) invariably shows that exactly 50% of the students are Caucasian.

Is there anyone from LSN who hangs out here? I've emailed them a few times with no response.

Re: Do parts of LSN seem "broken"?

Postby Twitch » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:37 am

I'm not a registered user of LSN, though I've perused the site extensively for data. Based on my observations, I think there is definite gaps in data; despite the fact that I have no idea how extensive those gaps are, I think your perception is probably not unfounded.

eta: I know that's not really very useful. Guess I'm just tagging to see if someone can confirm our assumption.

Re: Do parts of LSN seem "broken"?

Postby Balthy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:06 am

Also, for me at least, editing schools/dates/profile just doesn't work sometimes. I'll try a bunch and it won't update. Then i'll try the next day on the same browser and it will work fine. Happens often.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”