Should I wait until next cycle?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Should I wait until next cycle?

Postby StructuresAndForces » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Last edited by StructuresAndForces on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Should I wait until next cycle?

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:32 pm

If you already applied, why would you withdraw? Just let your cycle play out. Decide at the end of your cycle if you want to try again next year.

Postby phillywc » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Don't withdraw for sure. It is still early, most schools don't hand out decisions quite that quick, and you aren't THAT bad of a splitter.

That said, being open to taking a year off is not a bad thing at all. If your cycle turns out poorly, absolutely take a year off and polish up your apps.

Postby Lightworks » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:51 pm

We're in similar boats (3.6/173, applied in December). I don't think it will make much of a difference. December isn't especially late. You're almost certainly out of HYS regardless of when you apply. It might hurt you at Berkeley and Chicago, but I wouldn't go crazy.

malleus discentium

Postby malleus discentium » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:13 am

What are you asking? Should you, like, withdraw all your applications right now and try again next cycle just because you haven't heard back a month after submitting? No. Should you look at your options critically as the cycle comes to a close and decide if any schools you got into are worth attending given your circumstances, knowing you can put together earlier, stronger applications next cycle? Yes. But that's true of everyone, every cycle.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”