Application Mistake.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Yazzzay

Bronze

Application Mistake.

Postby Yazzzay » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:15 am

So I'm an idiot. I know. I submitted 12 apps last night and this morning I was looking through some status checkers and it kept saying my country of citizenship was my country of residency...I checked my apps and sure enough I listed I was a US citizen (which I am) but then in the drop down box 'country of citizenship' I listed my country of residence.

I have no recollection of doing this and feel like such a dumbass. I definitely reviewed my apps but I guess I flew over that section because it was an obvious one not to mess up. I have no idea what to do to fix this. Do I have to email every school individually and have them think I'm stupid and didn't look over it or just leave it or what?

EDIT: Looking over it I think I know why I put Switz as country of citizenship after saying I was a US citizen. I always misunderstand those questions and think they're asking about where my passport was issued, which was the US embassy in Switz...but that doesn't sound like a valid excuse. ugh.

riverwater

Bronze

Re: Application Mistake.

Postby riverwater » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:28 am

Send a quick email and don't worry about it.

On one of my apps I did something similar. I sent in a correction and one day later was accepted.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Postby Nonconsecutive » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:07 pm

Yep, this is far from a serious app-killer. Just contact them and let them know about the error.

Gooner91

Silver

Postby Gooner91 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:14 pm

Just send them an email/call and give a quick explanation of what you would like to change on your application. They will probably not even ask for much of an explanation.
For what its worth I had a much bigger mistake in my application and it did not appear to effect my cycle at all. So do not sweat it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�