Knowing that I would be surely waitlisted at some of my goal schools, I am about to sign up for retake in February to get off from the waitlists and leverage scholarships.
However, I do not want the schools that I already submitted my app and have reasonable chance with my current score to wait and defer my app until my Feb. score comes in.
So my question is, do I have to I contact these schools and ask them to not wait for my Feb. score and review my app as it is,
or do admissions usually do not wait for the Feb. score unless one is waitlisted or one specifically requests them to wait?
I searched some threads where people said that one should call them in case they want to defer the apps and wait for the score,
but it has been little ambiguous in the reverse case, where I want them to review it regardless of my retake.
I'm guessing calling each one of them is the best option, but I just wished to check so that I am not bothering them by requesting something obvious.
(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:36 pm
- Posts: 5906
- Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm
It's probably school dependent, but the norm tends to be if you have registered for an LSAT, your file is placed aside until that LSAT is complete. If you want the school to process your application before the score, I would definitely call and ask them to. It won't bother them.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: enoca and 5 guests