(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:05 pm
whambamthankyoumaam wrote:So far I've applied to two schools, UPenn (ED) and GULC. These are my number 1 and 2 choices respectively. I've decided to hold off applying to other schools until I heard back from Penn, mainly to save time/money.
Is this a terrible idea? Should I have all my apps out already? Judging by past cycles I have a pretty good shot of GULC, so I'm not terribly motivated to apply elsewhere, but am I shooting myself in the foot here by not applying early to other schools?
My numbers are 172/3.2.
It's not a terrible idea because you applied ED. However, if you are not accepted to Penn under the ED option, I think then its a pretty bad idea. First, there is no guarentee that you will get into Georgetown. I haven't looked at the numbers and stuff, but off the top of my head I would say its difficult to be a lock with a 3.2, even if you have that badass LSAT score.
Second, if the scenario is you are rejected at Penn but accepted to Georgetown, I think there are still benefits to applying to other schools. Namely, I think the conventional wisdom is that you want to apply to a broad range of schools so that you can have leverage in scholarship negotations. The later you apply, the less likely you are to get scholarship offers.
Also, assuming your resume and PS are not school-specific, there is not a whole lot of downside to going ahead and applying to a few other schools you would be interested in attending. It really does not take too long to apply to each school, and I think you could get application fee waivers to some of the other T-14s.
Just my 2 cents though. Good luck!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: BodieBroadus, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests