Is anyone getting a bunch of fee waivers? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Progress01

New

Is anyone getting a bunch of fee waivers?

Post by Progress01 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:21 pm

Is anyone else getting unsolicited fee waivers left and right? Since my lsat score came back, I keep getting emails from schools giving me fee waivers. I wonder why they're sending me these, so I've been checking each school: at some of these schools, my lsat is in their 75th percentile, so it makes sense they might send me a fee waiver. But My gpa is awful. Gosh awful. And then there are the other schools, and I've checked, and they've sent me waivers, but my lsat score is like in their 25th percentile. So this debunks my theory.

Is anybody else getting tons of fee waivers? Why do schools do this? Is it because they like other parts of you as an applicant to add to the diversity? Or is it just at random? Anyone else experiencing this?

KingofSplitters55

Bronze

Re: Is anyone getting a bunch of fee waivers?

Post by KingofSplitters55 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Progress01 wrote:Is anyone else getting unsolicited fee waivers left and right? Since my lsat score came back, I keep getting emails from schools giving me fee waivers. I wonder why they're sending me these, so I've been checking each school: at some of these schools, my lsat is in their 75th percentile, so it makes sense they might send me a fee waiver. But My gpa is awful. Gosh awful. And then there are the other schools, and I've checked, and they've sent me waivers, but my lsat score is like in their 25th percentile. So this debunks my theory.

Is anybody else getting tons of fee waivers? Why do schools do this? Is it because they like other parts of you as an applicant to add to the diversity? Or is it just at random? Anyone else experiencing this?
Nice humblebrag

Progress01

New

Post by Progress01 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:38 pm

KingofSplitters55 wrote:
Progress01 wrote:Is anyone else getting unsolicited fee waivers left and right? Since my lsat score came back, I keep getting emails from schools giving me fee waivers. I wonder why they're sending me these, so I've been checking each school: at some of these schools, my lsat is in their 75th percentile, so it makes sense they might send me a fee waiver. But My gpa is awful. Gosh awful. And then there are the other schools, and I've checked, and they've sent me waivers, but my lsat score is like in their 25th percentile. So this debunks my theory.

Nice humblebrag
I'm not bragging. I'm genuinely curious. I have way below a 3.0 gpa, and a okay lsat score (154). So why on earth am I getting ANY waivers? I wondered if anyone had logic behind it.

Happy Gilmore

Bronze

Post by Happy Gilmore » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:43 pm

Progress01 wrote:
KingofSplitters55 wrote:

Nice humblebrag
I'm not bragging. I'm genuinely curious. I have way below a 3.0 gpa, and a okay lsat score (154). So why on earth am I getting ANY waivers? I wondered if anyone had logic behind it.
Because you might pay sticker price at their university.

jaesonko

Bronze

Post by jaesonko » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:03 pm

Happy Gilmore wrote:
Progress01 wrote:
KingofSplitters55 wrote:

Nice humblebrag
Because you might pay sticker price at their university.
Also, having you apply and then denying you lowers their acceptance rate.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”