should LOR send directly to dean of admin (friend) v. LSAC Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
barbados2012

New

should LOR send directly to dean of admin (friend) v. LSAC

Post by barbados2012 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:20 am

Hi all -
Quick Q - one of my recommenders knows the dean of admissions at a T14 school. Should she send directly to the dean (her friend), or should she send it through LSAC? I'll also have 2 other LOR being sent to the school through LSAC.
Thanks!

Magical Trevor

Bronze

Re: should LOR send directly to dean of admin (friend) v. LSAC

Post by Magical Trevor » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:23 am

Why not just submit the letter normally and then have your friend contact the dean?

barbados2012

New

Post by barbados2012 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:37 am

Sorry, I should clarify - my LOR is friends with the dean. She asked me which I would prefer, so I feel like I would be pushing it to ask her to do both.
...maybe I'm just over thinking things...

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:04 pm

barbados2012 wrote:Sorry, I should clarify - my LOR is friends with the dean. She asked me which I would prefer, so I feel like I would be pushing it to ask her to do both.
...maybe I'm just over thinking things...
If she just sends it to the dean, then you can't use it for other schools. So have her send it in to LSAC, as the Dean of the school might not appreciate having to take that letter and put it in your file, when that's usually someone else's job.

If the letter writer is really gung-ho about helping you out and is good friends with this dean, then it should be no problem for her to call up the dean and say, "Hey, I have a student who wants to go to your school, and they are perfect for your class."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”