Does ED at Ohio State make a difference?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Does ED at Ohio State make a difference?

Postby Progress01 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:43 pm

Ghastly low gpa, my PTs are right in there with their median GPA, so if the LSAT goes the way I hope in a couple weeks (and if it doesn't...I'm screwed), I'll be a splitter.

Ohio State is THE dream school (long story). I'd submitting my application in November. My question: does ED help very much there? I know some schools is does and others not so much? Anybody ever applied ED to ohio state? Do you feel it helped?

ED there IS binding and uses up the only ED option I'm allowed for this cycle, so I want some input.

Re: Does ED at Ohio State make a difference?

Postby Mojosodope » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:41 pm

You will get no scholarship help, and lose all leverage to negotiate. So I would not recommend it, especially with OSU's employment statistics.

Postby hephaestus » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:45 pm

Don't do it. Keep retaking until you can get an LSAT well above their median, which will make a scholarship more likely. Going at sticker is unwise.

Postby Mnav20 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Long-time lurker here.

Applying to OSU ED does not completely preclude you from scholarship money but it will assuredly decrease any amounts. I applied ED because of in-state tuition, the cost of OOS tuition at peer schools and slightly better schools, and OSU's Ohio reputation. Little did I know that OSU would decrease their LSAT median and I would get in 4.0 my semester applying, and probably would have been admitted easily. I ended up with a small scholly and removed myself from competition at other schools. Yet I still probably made the right choice because OSU was the best choice for me in the first place and anything that increased my odds of admittance was worthwhile.

Good luck to OP.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”