Post-admission: need to fix dumb mistake

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
persimmon

Post-admission: need to fix dumb mistake

Postby persimmon » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:10 am

I'm all set to start law school this fall. In reading this forum, though, I realized that I didn't do something that I should have in my applications: submit transcripts for not only my UG, but also previous college courses taken in high school. I took 4 of these, each at a different school, all straight As. Two of them were actually taught in high school by high school teachers, who had arranged with local colleges to give us college credit for them. It just did not occur to me that this was relevant to law school admissions.

Anyway, how bad can this be? They were all As, not like I was trying to hide anything... It seems like my main options are:
a) Call Admissions, tell them the situation, ask what to do--the answer will most likely be to send the transcripts.
b) Just send the transcripts and see if anyone says anything about it.
c) Order the transcripts, then call Admissions, explain that they're coming, and seek absolution.

I kind of like c). Any thoughts, comments, reassurances, predictions of doom?

Ti Malice

Re: Post-admission: need to fix dumb mistake

Postby Ti Malice » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:18 am

Open door (c). Since it won't lower your GPA (unless you had a >4.0 GPA), this shouldn't be a big deal at all. But don't ask admissions what you should do. Show them that you're already on top of the issue and apologize for your oversight and any resulting inconvenience.

jselson

Re: Post-admission: need to fix dumb mistake

Postby jselson » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:34 pm

I did the exact same thing, same grade circumstance, too. As TM said, just send the transcript to LSAC and inform the law school. They will be fine with it. Mine had absolutely zero problems with it. I imagine it's a fairly common mistake.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”