at what point does LSAC stop calculating Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sarcasticzebra

New

at what point does LSAC stop calculating

Post by sarcasticzebra » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:54 am

I have more than enough credits to graduate (121) and I am staying in school for an extra year to boost my gpa. I have a number of Ws, so I have more than 121 attempted hours as well. I called LSAC and asked, is there a certain credit hour maximum where you stop calculating and they straight out told me that they stopped calculating to the point when the date of the Bachelors degree is printed on the transcript.

That made perfect sense to me, then I was reading on another forum on here -- or elsewhere where someone was inquiring:

They they had a total of 225 Credits for their degree but they were trying to figure out why LSAC only listed 170.9 semester hours.

So, is there a credit hour maximum cutoff, or just until you earn your first degree. Why would someone else have 170 hours listed when they had more, if they calculate until the bachelors???

ScottRiqui

Gold

Re: at what point does LSAC stop calculating

Post by ScottRiqui » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:57 am

LSAC told you the same thing that's on their website - they use every class you took up to the awarding of your first bachelor's degree.

As for the person who had 225 hours but only saw 170 on his LSAC summary report, we'd need more information. I'm sure there's a reason that makes sense and is consistent with LSAC's published policies.

We'reAllGonnaMakeIt

New

Post by We'reAllGonnaMakeIt » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:28 am

I think they include all of it.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:40 am

The date is the only thing that matters. "Date Degree Granted" on your transcript. All college level courses taken before that count, and none after that count, even if they were required to graduate. I took a summer class after I walked at graduation, it was a required course to graduate, but they let me walk anyway. I transferred that course in to meet the requirements for graduation, but on the transcript, it has date of graduation as before the summer course , so even though I needed that class to graduate, it still doesn't count for LSAC, because to them its all about the time of the class.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”