I have been out of college for 2 years - LOR?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bulawschool

I have been out of college for 2 years - LOR?

Postby bulawschool » Thu May 30, 2013 5:36 am

Hi,
I graduated from an undergrad in May 2011, will be taking the LSAT in June 2013, and applying EA/ED in September 2013.
I have been out of college for about 2 years now.

I already asked 3 of my undergrad professors and all of them gladly agreed to write LoR for me.
The last time that I contacted them was several months ago.

During the 2 years I have been out of college - I did not have any full time jobs but I have been actively involved in volunteer and internship, and the bulk of my time was spent in studying for LSAT.

I will ask one of my internship supervisors to write an LoR for me, but I am worried that LoRs from professors who taught me 2 years ago will be a problem? How bad is this?
How do law schools view this?

Anyone has similar experience?
Please share your thoughts.
Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ! :)

Nova

Re: I have been out of college for 2 years - LOR?

Postby Nova » Thu May 30, 2013 5:43 am

bulawschool wrote:I will ask one of my internship supervisors to write an LoR for me, but I am worried that LoRs from professors who taught me 2 years ago will be a problem?

I was 2 years out, and never really got close with any profs. So I picked one that gave me an A & who remembered me. I assume the letter was fine.

The importance of LoRs is marginal, so dont worry.

Since you never really need more than 3 LoRs, pick the 2 profs you think will write the best letters, and remind them how awesome you were and remind them of some of your work that they may recall as being good. Also, flatter them a little.

Everything should be fine.

bulawschool

Postby bulawschool » Thu May 30, 2013 5:50 am

Nova wrote:
bulawschool wrote:I will ask one of my internship supervisors to write an LoR for me, but I am worried that LoRs from professors who taught me 2 years ago will be a problem?

I was 2 years out, and never really got close with any profs. So I picked one that gave me an A & who remembered me. I assume the letter was fine.

The importance of LoRs is marginal, so dont worry.

Since you really need more than 3 LoRs ever, pick the 2 profs you think will write the best letter, and remind them how awseome you were and remind them of some of your work that they may recall as being good. Also, flatter them a little.

Everything should be fine.

Thank you for your quick and kind response Nova!
When was it that you prepped for law school? Did you get in? I am assuming you did. :')

Nova

Postby Nova » Thu May 30, 2013 6:04 am

I just finished 1L :mrgreen:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”