Disciplinary Record Addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
PSDCBC

Disciplinary Record Addendum

Postby PSDCBC » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Was hoping for some feedback on my addendum for dorm room violations. Basically, I frigged up twice freshman year (once pot, once alcohol). The advice I have seen so far has been to keep things brief and factual. Would appeciate your feedback.
Thank you.

As a freshman at college, I received a violation in October for smoking marijuana in my dorm room. As a result, there was a parental notification and I completed a drug awareness class on campus. In January of my freshman year, I received a violation for underage drinking. This incident resulted in a parental notification and a $75 fine. I take full responsibility for my actions and respect Skidmore College’s desire to ensure my health and well-being along with the safety of the college. I believe I have matured substantially during the years following these isolated events and have not experienced any other disciplinary or legal problems.

PRgradBYU

Re: Disciplinary Record Addendum

Postby PRgradBYU » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:32 pm

I was going to tell you to keep your addendum as objective as possible and be explanatory, rather than give excuses; it looks like you've basically done that. I think it looks fine.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”