Resume help disclosing all prior jobs. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Lawhelpneeded2013

New

Resume help disclosing all prior jobs.

Post by Lawhelpneeded2013 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:08 pm

I am a nontraditional applicant in my mid 30's. In my teens and early 20's I had several jobs, some for only a few weeks. I know the application wants all past employment from their question below but how do I write up only a few weeks at a job on a resume? Some of those jobs I simply did not enjoy and quit while others were bad timing of when I took the job. Altogether, over the past 20 years I have probably had 30 jobs; however, only 2 jobs in the last 8 years and both were in the same field performing nearly the same tasks at separate corporations.

"XXX requires applicants to submit a complete résumé. Please include all past and current employment, community activities and service, military experience, extracurricular activities, continuing education and enrichment, awards, prizes, and scholarships. Applicants should be certain to provide information about time periods not reflected in their academic transcripts."

dingbat

Gold

Re: Resume help disclosing all prior jobs.

Post by dingbat » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:27 pm

I didn't list a crapton of jobs. My resume ignored years of work history. Worked fine for me.

If in doubt, email the admissions office asking this question

Cellar-door

Bronze

Post by Cellar-door » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:42 pm

I only listed the jobs I put on my regular resume on the one I submitted to schools, but then in the Employment section of the applications I listed everything. Luckily since LSAC transfers the information from one application to another you only need to do it once.

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 am

Cellar-door wrote:I only listed the jobs I put on my regular resume on the one I submitted to schools, but then in the Employment section of the applications I listed everything. Luckily since LSAC transfers the information from one application to another you only need to do it once.
That's what I did, too. That way my resume looked slick but the ugly LSAC form did include everything if they wanted it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”