College summer courses in LSAC GPA

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
piney

College summer courses in LSAC GPA

Postby piney » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:14 pm

I took a foreign language course at a Canadian university between my freshman and sophomore years of college. I earned credits, but I didn't have them transferred, and they weren't reported at all on my US college transcript. My cumulative GPA for the summer was 4.16. I have two questions:

1) Is there any way I can have these grades factored into my LSAC GPA? My Cum. GPA on my college transcript (average of 27 credits) is 3.5, so the summer grades would help me.
2) I earned 6 credits in the summer program (3 for one course, 2 and 1 for the others). At my US college, you earned only one credit per course. So would LSAC include these courses as 6 credits or as 2?

bdm261

Re: College summer courses in LSAC GPA

Postby bdm261 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Seeing as you are required to submit transcripts from ALL schools attended, I would get right on reporting those grades. There should be a "transcript request" feature on the Canadian schools website or some way to call/email/fax the registrar, so get them the LSAC "transcript request form" faxed or emailed so they can send to LSAC.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”