0.0 GPA - Fail

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ryoung81

0.0 GPA - Fail

Postby ryoung81 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:10 pm

I just wanted to get some input. I travel fairly regularly for work, so after 10 years I went back to get my undergrad and got it through WGU (Western Governors U). WGU is a pass/fail, and so on my transcript evaluation from LSAC it doesn't give me a GPA. (it says "See Transcript", and the summary is "Mostly A's and B's, 3.0-3.49")

To make matters (even) worse, after highschool I flunked an entire semester. Solidifying my 0.0 GPA.

Now that I've settled in Houston I'm looking to go to UH or South Texas. I expect to score at least 163 on the LSAT based on my lowest practice test scores. I'm assuming I include an addendum for this, but is there any advice as to what the addendum should say?

Note: I'm already settled in my career (oil and gas) and I want a JD because it is considered a 'masters' in my field. I'm not trying to land a T14 or anything like that. Although I was hoping I'd get my LSAT high enough to get $$$.

Re: 0.0 GPA - Fail

Postby 20130312 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:18 pm

ryoung81 wrote:on my transcript evaluation from LSAC it doesn't give me a GPA. (it says "See Transcript")

This would be a ridiculously huge plus.

ryoung81 wrote:Solidifying my 0.0 GPA.

This would be a ridiculously huge negative.

All depends on how the schools would have to report you to USNWR.

alwayssunnyinfl

Re: 0.0 GPA - Fail

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:22 pm

:shock:

Good luck, OP. Contact a few admissions offices, or even call LSAC and see what they say. Let us know how it turns out.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”