"Retake" Intro Courses Sr. Year? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
broadstreet11

Bronze

"Retake" Intro Courses Sr. Year?

Post by broadstreet11 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:45 pm

Thanks in advance for any advice. I'm headed into my senior year as a political science major, and I'm currently signed up for two courses for which I have AP Credit (POLS 101 and GEOG 101). My institution lets me take any course regardless of if I have credit and earn the grade, but I'm pretty sure my AP credits show on the transcript. I know that schools don't care much about majors, but would it raise a red flag with an adcomm if I'm a senior retaking these courses, especially a senior political science major taking POLS 101 (the professor is one of the best in the dept, so I want to take a course with him)?

FantasticMrFox

Silver

Re: "Retake" Intro Courses Sr. Year?

Post by FantasticMrFox » Mon May 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Your school should take off the AP "transfer" credits from your transcript when you take them at school; at least, that's the policy at my school (granted, they generally do not let people take courses they already have credit for...so the policy might be different). Just ask your school.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Mon May 14, 2012 11:55 pm

I seriously doubt they're critique your transcript to the point of noticing you took two 100 level courses your senior year.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Fri May 18, 2012 8:16 pm

If you have the time and really want the GPA bump... then do it. If they even notice, theyll probably think you were smart to take those classes and ace them before graduating. Its fine.

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Fri May 18, 2012 8:38 pm

It shouldn't make any different to adcomms. Just make sure it won't cost you credits you need to graduate (if they'll cancel your AP credits). My school did not do that: I got AP credit and credit when I took the course.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”