TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
drdolittle

Silver

Re: TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV

Post by drdolittle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:48 am

Anyone else catch KDL's phantom poast just a few minutes ago appearing right on top of page 7? It was several lines re: his plans to be an inspirational speaker, among other things. I guess he deleted it. Can't decide if it was nutty or deep. He did use realtor with a small 'r' in it, which was nice to see and unexpected from an accused 'braggart'.

pret

Bronze

Post by pret » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:56 am

I hate how every good topic here has to have at least one REALLY grating troll. What an awful preview of law school.

nucky thompson

Bronze

Post by nucky thompson » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:09 am

DAC wrote:
nucky thompson wrote:Ken apologized for things "if" they happened. But they happend without a doubt... So he didn't actually acknowledge the depth of his attention whoring. Never mind any of that, I dropped it a long time ago, said I was mostly arguing to argue, noticed ken was a cancer survivor that seemed like a genuinly good guy, and I apologized. That was it from me.... Until ken came back to it like a middle schooler trying to guilt me cause he was hit by a truck.
nucky thompson wrote:Truth hurts homie - never claimed to be a mentalist - simply used critical reading skillz and noticed the stated purpose of the OP was far removed from the content.
nucky thompson wrote:Ken... This resource is invaluable and I personally have benefitted greatly... But again... If your purpose was to tell the TLS community success can be had outside of law with a law degree.... Why did you title the OP "TLS Founder (Ken DeLeon) - on nationwide TV"

At first I did not read the NYT article cause I felt pushed into it.... But I'm midway through it and I read this seemingly relevant nugget....
nucky thompson wrote:"...(referencing the man, KDL) who is finishing up a memoir about overcoming illness, injury, and loss that he calls 'Why do bad things happen to sexy people?'"
if his memoir is about bad things happening to him, is he calling himself sexy? I am really laughing out loud imagining how self absorbed this guy seems. I hope the title of his book is referencing sexy people in general, and that he is not throwing himself in that group

You apologized but you act like people (basically me) misinterpreted your post... When in fact, it was the only interpretation.

"I don't mean to toot my own horn.... But BEEP BEEP"
You're the quintessence of what is wrong with many pre-law/law students: so certain that they are smart, clever... amazingly analytical. In reality, you are likely only mediocre in all of these categories. The bell-curve is a bitch, man.

Your original approach to the thread (i.e. dissecting it as if it were an LSAT passage) not only shows that you have the wit and social tact of a tadpole on crack, but it also shows that you have very poor interpretation skills.

Ken did in fact likely only write the post for his stated reason... He calls it "because I am so thankful to the TLS community for continuing to inspire me to achieve new heights of greatness. I too want to be a mirror to reflect your own brilliance."

In reality, this translates to "I am writing this post because I am so thankful that the thousands of miserable nimrods that use this site have inspired me to exit a profession so saturated with toxic personalities. By leaving law I have achieved great success and wealth. I also hope to inspire some of you users that are less miserable, and perhaps even intelligent, to stay open to ventures outside of your myopic view of the future as a lawyer. Use your talents - your own brilliance, whatever that might be - to succeed."

Nucky, you ignorant fool. How can something so transparent escape your reasoning for so long? Don't answer that.

In reality, many (dare I say most) of the users on TLS are going to have very unhappy lives in a putrefied field. He is trying to instill hope for these users to utilize for future reference. "Hey, when your up to your eyes in debt, work in a sweatbox basement, and doing doc review $12/hr for a living -- don't jump off the roof of the building. Mirror me. Keep your mind open to new possibilities and don't be afraid to take them."

Your other complaints (i.e. his book title "why do bad things happen to sexy people", his mentioning that he got hit by a vehicle in addition to having cancer, and referring to you as "fucky") are on matters that are SOO beyond your comprehension. Let us analyze:

Book title: tongue-in-cheek humor
Getting hit by a vehicle: a jab at you for originally mentioning/acting like his cancer was pertinent to this thread
Fucky: lighthearted joke. (if he wanted to be mean, he could say much worse)

If you are anything IRL like your persona in this thread, dude, you're simply insufferable.

Try to be a human. Know your limitations. If you can't color inside the lines - so be it, just don't hang up your artwork for the world to see.

Enjoy doc review.

Haha and you say I am everything wrong? Do you realize you have no idea what you're talking about, what my situation is like, what my goals are - you're basing all of this on the fact that I wrote a few smart ass comments, no mention of the posts Im replying to - yet you think you have such authority, not only about me, but about kens intentions - even rewriting his entire last paragraph. Really? How into this are you? The guy believes in his own greatness/sexyness and wants everyone to know. I will never work doc review. I will never need to work doc review, no matter what happens with law school. Anonymous Online internet forum man - try to remember that before you start preaching

Edit: your post also ignores all the .... Thanks for watching my nationwide interview/reposting NYT stuff

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:18 am

Last edited by 062914123 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:18 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 am

YOU'RE WELCOME

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:20 am

Last edited by 062914123 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reformed calvinist

Bronze

Post by reformed calvinist » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:36 am

Nucky is a Ken alt-he gets off on the masses defending his honor.

But seriously, terrible thread. Just take your ball and go home. There are few things as myopia-inducing as a fucking martyr complex, but I'm asking you to try on this one.

drdolittle

Silver

Post by drdolittle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:07 am

reformed calvinist wrote:Nucky is a Ken alt
I seriously had this thought after reading the post Ken made and promptly deleted above an hour or so ago. It gave me the impression he's just effing with us. Talked about giving inspirational speeches for free b/c knowledge has no marginal cost, the teacher instigating the student to become the teacher, quoted Nietzsche, stuff like this. That's why I couldn't decide if it was nutty or deep. Probably both.

But I agree this is a pretty useless thread otherwise. Would be funny though if Ken purposefully instigated all this cluster eff. I'm suspicious too b/c of the very limited mod activity here, before the ban, that is.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:30 am

IB4TL

futurejdgirl

Bronze

Post by futurejdgirl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:12 pm

Ken wrote:Dear TLS Community,

Hello!! For those who do not know me, I am the proud founder of TLS. I am so impressed with the caliber of our community as it has become by far the preeminent site for the law school and pre-law community.

While for several years I was a successful intellectual property attorney at the largest firm in Silicon Valley, I followed my passion for real estate. In 9 short years I have become one of or the top agent in America (out of 1.2 million based on amazingly high sales volume). My law degree allowed me to achieve this success in the related field of real estate, so attending a top law school (and what is a top law school is subjective) can be a great outcome even if you end up not practicing law (but try to avoid amassing huge debt).

Today I was on nationwide TV (Fox Business) discussing Facebook's impact upon the Silicon Valley real estate market as I have had the privilege of working with brilliant Facebook executives in finding epic homes. In the last 2 weeks I was on national TV and on the front page of the NYtimes.com.

Thank you TLS members for being such an amazing community that I am so proud to have founded. While quite busy in real estate I check in on TLS often and love the intense brilliance of our online community. Think of how many future Supreme Court Clerks are on this site as the most brilliant students are drawn to TLS.

Thanks for watching my nationwide live interview today:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/14721576 ... t_id=87185

My New York Times Article (sorry for those few who saw this a few days earlier):

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/09/us/ca ... aires.html

I only write this post because I am so thankful to the TLS community for continuing to inspire me to achieve new heights of greatness. I too want to be a mirror ro reflect your own brilliance.

Onward and upward,

Ken DeLeon

Intelligent. Gorgeous. Ambitious. Currently fawning over your interview. *Sigh* I am officially a Ken Fangirl. Marry me.

drdolittle

Silver

Post by drdolittle » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:51 pm

futurejdgirl wrote: Intelligent. Gorgeous. Ambitious. Currently fawning over your interview. *Sigh* I am officially a Ken Fangirl. Marry me.
You forgot sexy, a la “Why Do Bad Things Happen to Sexy People?”! :wink:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”