UChicago App asking for other schools applied to?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
RamblinBoyofPleasure

UChicago App asking for other schools applied to?

Postby RamblinBoyofPleasure » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Under law school interest (page 7, question 6) it asks: "Are you applying, or have you applied, to other law schools? If so, please list them."

Am I reading this right? Is it really asking for the other schools I am applying to?

Curious1

Re: UChicago App asking for other schools applied to?

Postby Curious1 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:27 pm

Your point?

RamblinBoyofPleasure

Postby RamblinBoyofPleasure » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:31 pm

I want to make sure it's not just asking me what schools I applied to in previous cycles.

Also, it seems like a ridiculous question. Are they trying to indirectly tease out if UChicago is my top choice?

Dany

Postby Dany » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:38 pm

Yes, "are you applying" clearly means past cycles.

It's not a ridiculous question, and I'm sure 80%+ of applicants have the same answer. It's not a big deal.

theadvancededit

Postby theadvancededit » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:40 pm

RamblinBoyofPleasure wrote:Is it really asking for the other schools I am applying to?

Yes, it's a pretty standard question.

cutecarmel

Postby cutecarmel » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:22 pm

Curious1 wrote:Your point?

Very rude.

Yes they want to know the other schools you have/will apply too. Many other law schools do this too. ( I think about 4-5 of the schools I applied to asked for this information). I was surprised too when I first saw it. I asked my pre-law advisor about it and she said it was no huge deal. I think it is so they can compare applicants to other schools. I doubt it will make a huge impact on your decision. I think I was admitted into all of the schools that asked me that question.

mrtoren

Postby mrtoren » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:17 pm

cutecarmel wrote:
Curious1 wrote:Your point?

Very rude.

Yes they want to know the other schools you have/will apply too. Many other law schools do this too. ( I think about 4-5 of the schools I applied to asked for this information). I was surprised too when I first saw it. I asked my pre-law advisor about it and she said it was no huge deal. I think it is so they can compare applicants to other schools. I doubt it will make a huge impact on your decision. I think I was admitted into all of the schools that asked me that question.

That wasn't rude.

Every application I filled out asked it. And I can't even count how many times people have created threads about this exact same question. Its straightforward. You don't have to answer it and I didn't. If you feel like telling them, tell them.

lakers3peat

Postby lakers3peat » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:43 pm

^^ THE MONDAYS.......

@OP: I think there is a "THIS SECTION DOES NOT APPLY TO ME" box. Check it and move on.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”