Correcting application mistakes Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Chisul

New

Correcting application mistakes

Post by Chisul » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:50 pm

1. I forgot to answer "reasons for leaving" question for one of my employment experiences, which I realized after submitting to 6 law schools.

2. I have a typo on my academic honors question, which I spelled dean's to deans.

3. I also feel like I should have provided more details on the extracurricular activities question which I ended it with a sentence per activity.

I would like to hear your opinions on whether or not I should make those corrections by emailing the law schools with an explanation.

ahduth

Gold

Re: Correcting application mistakes

Post by ahduth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:58 pm

Chisul wrote:1. I forgot to answer "reasons for leaving" question for one of my employment experiences, which I realized after submitting to 6 law schools.

2. I have a typo on my academic honors question, which I spelled dean's to deans.

3. I also feel like I should have provided more details on the extracurricular activities question which I ended it with a sentence per activity.

I would like to hear your opinions on whether or not I should make those corrections by emailing the law schools with an explanation.
The only thing that might be even remotely worth looking into is #1, and only if you had a negative reason for leaving really (as then I suppose it might become a C&F question). Otherwise they're just going to skim this shit.

Chisul

New

Post by Chisul » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:03 pm

ahduth wrote:
Chisul wrote:1. I forgot to answer "reasons for leaving" question for one of my employment experiences, which I realized after submitting to 6 law schools.

The only thing that might be even remotely worth looking into is #1, and only if you had a negative reason for leaving really (as then I suppose it might become a C&F question). Otherwise they're just going to skim this shit.
Thanks for your insights. I quit the job so I can better focus on my classes.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Chisul wrote:
ahduth wrote:

Thanks for your insights. I quit the job so I can better focus on my classes.
The only other thing I might say is you could call the admit offices of the schools you really want to go to, and ask them. They're not going to thank you for pointing it out then shred your application - you'll get a straight answer on what they'd prefer. None of it's deal breaking anyhow.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”