3+3 Programs?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
xxkaleidoscopic

3+3 Programs?

Postby xxkaleidoscopic » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:33 pm

Oh, how I wish I had looked into these more.

I was wondering, are there any 3+3 programs that would allow me to apply now, as a junior, and receive my bachelor's upon completion of 1L? I'm not enrolled in any such pre-designed program right now (I know several exist in New York schools, for example), but I was wondering if such things existed for those of us who weren't quite so far-sighted in high school.

lexdiamonds

Re: 3+3 Programs?

Postby lexdiamonds » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:42 pm

I was in Fordham's 3+3 programme before I decided to take a year off after graduation to evaluate whether I really want to go to law school or medical school. I'm not entirely sure as to whether or not you could join as a Junior, however.

My 3+3 programme was extremely difficult, however, since I was a hard science major and they require that you complete both your major requirements and their core by junior year (which is damn near impossible without taking 22 credits a semester), which was another reason why I left. Aside from that you need a high LSAT and a very strong GPA, so in retrospect if you had the numbers requisite for their programme you could probably get into a better school elsewhere lol

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:50 pm

Also was in Fordham's 3+3. Left it junior year when I wasn't sure if law school was for me. Ultimately decided that it was and finished Fordham in four years then matriculated at a different law school this fall (still T30, just not Fordham). I really don't recommend it. The work required to complete the BA/BS in 3 years would have been obnoxious and I would not have been able to work during the summer. Plus, I would have been 21 during OCI and did not think many firms would look favorable upon such a young candidate.

quiver

Postby quiver » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:17 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:Plus, I would have been 21 during OCI and did not think many firms would look favorable upon such a young candidate.
I don't know anything about 3+3 programs but this is an important point to consider. Firms, in general, do not respond well to such young candidates.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”