How late is too late to apply? Please help... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dawak1

New

How late is too late to apply? Please help...

Post by Dawak1 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:16 pm

I am retaking the Dec LSAT, so the earliest I can apply is once that score comes in. BUT I have 3 outstanding incomplete grades (I*) on my transcript from my last semester of college. I need too have those 3 grades changed because they currently count as punitive, F's, and kill my GPA. Also without them I wont have completed one of my majors. So, obviously, I wanted to send off transcripts to LSAC and apply to schools once those grades have gone from I's to As and Bs, fixing my GPA. What I am worried about now is that I wont be able to do all the necessary work and get those grades changed before late dec/early January :( Ive always heard that applying early is very important so I guess my question is how late is just too late? is applying in mid jan simply too late to get into certain schools? am I screwed?

My lsat LSAT was a 166 and I am, based on practice scores from the last 3 weeks, hoping for a 168-170 in Dec.
My GPA, once the grades are fixed, should be in the 3.60-3.70 range. (I am a history and poli sci double major from UF with good softs and a year off after undergrad. The reason for these incomplete grades are tough family circumstances which I will explain.)
The schools I want to apply to are Fordham, Georgetown, UCLA, Cornell, Berkley, UIUC,. Georgetown is where I truly want to go. If I do very well on the DEC lsat, in the 170s, I would probably add some of the other T14s.

How late is too late to apply to these schools? I sincerely appreciate ANY advice. Thanks.

Opie

Silver

Re: How late is too late to apply? Please help...

Post by Opie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:35 pm

I'd wait for next cycle and be first in.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:40 pm

Opie wrote:I'd wait for next cycle and be first in.
+1

Wait a year. Don't drive yourself nuts by trying to cram in those apps now. Find something interesting to do.

T00L

Silver

Post by T00L » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:47 pm

I agree with above. However, January is not too late (though TLS frequenters will tell you otherwise). I got into pretty much every I would have been able to anyway after getting my dec LSAT back...

That being said, I am applying again this cycle because I got a few waitlists that shouldn't have been so...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”