Apply earlier in admissions cycle or retake LSAT? Help!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Apply earlier in admissions cycle or retake LSAT? Help!

Postby applesoranges123 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:49 pm

Ok, my stats are 169/around 3.38 i think...I think i would like to go to a T-14 school if possible, such as Georgetown or Penn (Gtown would prob be more realistic). I'm debating between either applying now (I could probably have it in by maybe second week of Nov) with what I have or retaking lsat in December, and then I would have to wait to submit apps till prob about first week of January (even if I keep everything else on application ready, the scores dont come out till then). If I retook the lsat, Im pretty sure I could do better. Im basically deciding between whether applying earlier would be better than retaking it again with possibly a few points higher on the lsat. I was also thinking that maybe I could apply early decision. Any thoughts about how much early decision can help your application? Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Re: Apply earlier in admissions cycle or retake LSAT? Help!

Postby bk1 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:03 pm

I don't think Penn or GULC are realistic with a 169. Your best bets are probably Cornell/UMich with a 169. If you retake and a late app gets you waitlisted you can always reapply next cycle.

If you want to maximize your chances of any T14, I think you should ED UMich, regular app to Cornell. Then retake in December and submit to the other T14's if you get a 170+.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”