Yale App Timing Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dean159

New

Yale App Timing Question

Post by dean159 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:50 am

Basically, my situation is that I've already applied to all the schools I'm going to except for Yale, which just opened today. Now I could probably get my Yale app together to submit within the next couple of days (just need to perfect my 250 a bit more), however, I'm also waiting for word within the next few weeks (probably by mid-late November) about a prestigious internship that I'd be starting in December (I live in the Southern Hemisphere so we have summer then in case you were wondering).

So my question is whether or not it's worth it to wait to find out about the internship so that I could put my acceptance on my app if I do manage to get accepted. Considering Yale is one of the only schools that seems to actually look at softs, it seems worthwhile to try and make the app look as good as possible. However, it would also require submitting my app in mid-late November rather than in October. While Yale supposedly doesn't care about when you submit the app, I can't help but think there might still be some small advantage, particularly given that the app has already been released late.

What do you guys think? I know it's a relatively minor issue, but with in the case of Yale, I think you can never be too pedantic about your app haha.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”