15 more law schools to be sued

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
MTal
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

15 more law schools to be sued

Postby MTal » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:47 pm

--LinkRemoved--

If you are paying $$ for anything below the T14....you are getting SCREWED.

Edit: For some reason when you click on that link, it doesn't work, but if you copy it and paste it into your browser, it will take you directly to the LST website.
Last edited by MTal on Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scammedhard
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:17 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby scammedhard » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:23 pm

Sweet! If the ABA refuses to do its job, maybe courts will step in.

Also, I don't see UIUC on the list. I hope it is included in the near future.

Here another link covering the same story:
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/ ... job_stats/

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Which law schools ?

scammedhard
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:17 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby scammedhard » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:29 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Which law schools ?

California: California Western School of Law, Southwestern Law School, and University of San Francisco School of Law (3)
Florida: Florida Coastal School of Law (1)
Illinois: Chicago-Kent College of Law, DePaul University College of Law, and John Marshall School of Law (3)
Maryland: University of Baltimore School of Law (1)
New York: Albany Law School, Brooklyn Law School, Hofstra Law School, Pace University School of Law, and St. John’s University School of Law (5)
Pennsylvania: Villanova University School of Law and Widener University School of Law (also has a campus in Delaware) (2)


It's on the press release from LST.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Thanks. They've blocked my server.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby kwais » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:37 pm

MTal forgot to attach this link to his original post.

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
MTal
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby MTal » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:39 pm

kwais wrote:MTal forgot to attach this link to his original post.

--LinkRemoved--


15 law schools are being sued. More lawsuits are surely on the way. What is your response?

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby 23402385985 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:45 pm

While WVU is no great law school, I'm glad I went to a relatively strong regional school (strong in it's region, anyway) for cheap when seeing stuff like this.

User avatar
MrBain_
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 1:53 am

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby MrBain_ » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:45 pm

MTal wrote:If you are paying $$ for anything below the T14....you are getting SCREWED.



If taking the lsat twice taught me anything, its that the article you cited in no way provides any evidence for that statement.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby kwais » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:47 pm

MTal wrote:
kwais wrote:MTal forgot to attach this link to his original post.

--LinkRemoved--


15 law schools are being sued. More lawsuits are surely on the way. What is your response?


My response is that you have gotten through to me and I now work at Target

Eco
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby Eco » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:49 pm

You're exaggerating when you say it has to be t-14 or nothing. All those schools are in the bottom, nowhere near T-20 or T-30.

User avatar
MTal
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby MTal » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:50 pm

kwais wrote:
MTal wrote:
kwais wrote:MTal forgot to attach this link to his original post.

--LinkRemoved--


15 law schools are being sued. More lawsuits are surely on the way. What is your response?


My response is that you have gotten through to me and I now work at Target


Congrats, you just saved yourself a lifetime of jobless humiliation and soul-crushing debt.

User avatar
MTal
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby MTal » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Eco wrote:You're exaggerating when you say it has to be t-14 or nothing. All those schools are in the bottom, nowhere near T-20 or T-30.


1/3rd of NYU's graduating class is unemployed. How will they pay back 200k in debt?

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby 23402385985 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:53 pm

MrBain_ wrote:
MTal wrote:If you are paying $$ for anything below the T14....you are getting SCREWED.



If taking the lsat twice taught me anything, its that the article you cited in no way provides any evidence for that statement.


I think Hofstra's 20% reporting rate does, however.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby kwais » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:54 pm

MTal wrote:
kwais wrote:
MTal wrote:
kwais wrote:MTal forgot to attach this link to his original post.

--LinkRemoved--


15 law schools are being sued. More lawsuits are surely on the way. What is your response?


My response is that you have gotten through to me and I now work at Target


Congrats, you just saved yourself a lifetime of jobless humiliation and soul-crushing debt.


Thanks MTal!

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby 23402385985 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:54 pm

MTal wrote:
Eco wrote:You're exaggerating when you say it has to be t-14 or nothing. All those schools are in the bottom, nowhere near T-20 or T-30.


1/3rd of NYU's graduating class is unemployed. How will they pay back 200k in debt?


You become a robot pimp.

User avatar
Sherwood2014
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:21 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby Sherwood2014 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:57 pm

I assume that there will be No T-14 schools in the crosshairs of class action suits.

In checking the employment stats of T-14 schools, the employment rate (after 9 months) is usually +95%,. . . given the economy, is that even possible?

scammedhard
Posts: 642
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:17 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby scammedhard » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Sherwood2014 wrote:I assume that there will be No T-14 schools in the crosshairs of class action suits.

In checking the employment stats of T-14 schools, the employment rate (after 9 months) is usually +95%,. . . given the economy, is that even possible?

When "employment" can mean anything law schools want it to mean, of course it's possible.

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby 23402385985 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:07 pm

It depends on what your definition of "is" is.

User avatar
Aberzombie1892
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:56 am

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:18 pm

scammedhard wrote:
Sherwood2014 wrote:I assume that there will be No T-14 schools in the crosshairs of class action suits.

In checking the employment stats of T-14 schools, the employment rate (after 9 months) is usually +95%,. . . given the economy, is that even possible?

When "employment" can mean anything law schools want it to mean, of course it's possible.


Clearly. It's even likely and expected.

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby minnbills » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:21 pm

MTal wrote:
kwais wrote:
MTal wrote:
kwais wrote:MTal forgot to attach this link to his original post.

--LinkRemoved--


15 law schools are being sued. More lawsuits are surely on the way. What is your response?


My response is that you have gotten through to me and I now work at Target


Congrats, you just saved earned yourself a lifetime of jobless humiliation and soul-crushing debt poverty.


HTH

User avatar
MTal
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby MTal » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:25 pm

minnbills wrote:
Congrats, you just saved earned yourself a lifetime of jobless humiliation and soul-crushing debt poverty.

HTH


Tell that to the Target Store manager who makes over 100k plus benefits, matching 401k, PTO, etc.

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby DoubleChecks » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:33 pm

Are we arguing that the large majority of law schools are almost like scams and completely not worth their costs? Unless they are highly ranked or if you fall into the narrow category of those attending a school that gives $$$ and is in the region you want to work in//you are independently wealthy//some other EXCEPTION to the rule? Who actually doesn't believe in this? While MTal is quite extreme in his views, and I don't necessarily agree with many of the things he says, for the majority of people attending law school, he is offering viable advice/information that the ABA and law schools sure as hell don't give. Better to see two extreme sides of an argument rather than just one...I mean shit, wasn't there a recent study that showed roughly 50% of recent law school graduates can't even get legal jobs? Obviously it is worse the lower you go (on average)...so damn, it is a scary legal world out there for the majority of law students.

User avatar
KeepitKind
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby KeepitKind » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:44 pm

MTal -

I appreciate that you'd like to share your perspective with incoming law students since they may not find it on the glossy brochure from their prospective law schools. While your arguments are often hyperbolic and overly generalized, I can't fault you for lack of passion or persistence.

All I ask is that you please remove the Israeli flag as your avatar as it inevitably creates a very negative impression of an otherwise decent nation to all who pass through the halls of TLS.

thanks!

- KeepitKind

User avatar
Indifferent
Posts: 234
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Re: 15 more law schools to be sued

Postby Indifferent » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:54 pm

MTal wrote:If you are paying $$ for anything below the T14....you are getting SCREWED.

While this is statement hyperbolic and ridiculous, the fact is that if you pay more than $$ for a non-T14 your likelihood of getting screwed increases exponentially.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CheyenneGarrett17 and 7 guests