Awards Section on App Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
emkay625

Gold

Awards Section on App

Post by emkay625 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi guys!

I'm seeking some guidance about a particular section of the app. Particularly, this:

"List the academic honors, awards, or other recognitions you have received and explain the reason(s) upon which awards were made."

Is this just for academic awards? Or would it include other awards as well? (Professional awards, etc.)

romothesavior

Diamond

Re: Awards Section on App

Post by romothesavior » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:55 pm

emkay625 wrote:Hi guys!

I'm seeking some guidance about a particular section of the app. Particularly, this:

"List the academic honors, awards, or other recognitions you have received and explain the reason(s) upon which awards were made."

Is this just for academic awards? Or would it include other awards as well? (Professional awards, etc.)
Unless there is another section where you can list professional and other awards, I would list them here. Don't leave anything out if you think it will be helpful.

leche

Bronze

Post by leche » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:33 pm

What about minors/certificate programs? I put them here temporarily, because otherwise the only place to list them is on my resume. Should I keep them there or delete them?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:39 pm

leche wrote:What about minors/certificate programs? I put them here temporarily, because otherwise the only place to list them is on my resume. Should I keep them there or delete them?
Neither of those seems like an award or honor to me. Just put them on the resume.

leche

Bronze

Post by leche » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:42 pm

Ok. Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”