Ordering on Resume

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
roguewave19

Ordering on Resume

Postby roguewave19 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:17 pm

I have heard that those who are still in school should list education first on their resumes while those who are out of school should put work experience first.

I just graduated this June and am applying this fall so I will only have been out of school for one year when I attend and, at the moment, have only been out of school for a few months.

I do work two jobs that are relevant to the law but am wondering if I should put that first or my education?

Right now I have it: Education, Honors/Awards, Experience (the two jobs + past internships + leadership positions), Other Memberships / Associations.

Should I move it around to put experience on top or keep education first?

Thanks!

acrossthelake

Re: Ordering on Resume

Postby acrossthelake » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:46 pm

roguewave19 wrote:I have heard that those who are still in school should list education first on their resumes while those who are out of school should put work experience first.

I just graduated this June and am applying this fall so I will only have been out of school for one year when I attend and, at the moment, have only been out of school for a few months.

I do work two jobs that are relevant to the law but am wondering if I should put that first or my education?

Right now I have it: Education, Honors/Awards, Experience (the two jobs + past internships + leadership positions), Other Memberships / Associations.

Should I move it around to put experience on top or keep education first?

Thanks!

Education first, esp. if you're still including "leadership positions".

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”