Re-using same Personal Statement as last year?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
smokeylarue

Re-using same Personal Statement as last year?

Postby smokeylarue » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:07 pm

So I applied for Fall 2011, decided not to enroll because I retook the LSAT in June this year and scored significantly better. My question is frowned upon to use the same essay/personal statement if I'm applying this year again? Thank you.

mrtoren

Re: Re-using same Personal Statement as last year?

Postby mrtoren » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:01 pm

If they find out, you would look like a lazy bum who didn't even care enough about this cycle to improve upon last year's statement.

Postby 2014 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:03 pm

In theory you are applying to different (read: better) schools anyway if you have a significantly better LSAT.

smokeylarue

Postby smokeylarue » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:09 am

Damn you are right, i didn't even think of that lol. Thanks. There's still some schools I'm going to repeat apply though.

theadvancededit

Postby theadvancededit » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:58 am

It shouldn't be too bad to use the same personal statement, although it would be helpful for you to look it over even just a little. You may see things this time around that you didn't last cycle and make some crucial edits.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:59 am

mrtoren wrote:If they find out, you would look like a lazy bum who didn't even care enough about this cycle to improve upon last year's statement.

Yea, there should be some area that you can develop more, now that you're a year old and (presumably) a year wiser. If you're interested in attending any of those repeat schools (which you should be, or you shouldn't bother applying to them), you should make some revisions.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”