addendum question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

addendum question

Postby harrylaw21 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:37 am

So my first three years of school I got very sub-par grades (2.77) and between my junior and senior years I was evaluated and diagnosed with pretty severe ADD. After my diagnosis I began treatment and have averaged a 3.950 since. My question is twofold:

1. I understand the negative connotations often associated with ADD/ADHD treatments as many people, especially college kids, receive medication for it without actually having the condition. In that light will a GPA addendum with a sharp spike be viewed as legitimate? Or do college admissions thumb their noses at such claims?

2. If my grades stay consistent throughout the semester, which I have no doubt at this point, I will graduate with a GPA somewhere around 3.1. With this number and a 170 from the summer LSAT how high should I set my sights school wise? I have heard some schools are splitter friendly (WUSTL, Indiana etc) but my goal is too attend the best school I can get into regardless of geography. Any suggestions?

Re: addendum question

Postby theadvancededit » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:10 am

For your first question, I think that an addendum addressing your circumstances would be perfectly legitimate. If you still feel uneasy about it, consider maybe including some sort of documentation asserting that you genuinely have this condition. Either way, adcomms won't "thumb their noses" at you, nor will they say no to an increase in GPA.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”