Resume question about listing scholarships

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
swoozie

Bronze

Resume question about listing scholarships

Postby swoozie » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:49 am

I searched, I promise!

So the consensus I see is to list UG merit scholarships on your resume, and put something like full tuition or 1/2 tuition or full tuition, room, and board, etc etc but not to put a $ amount.

I have an UG scholarship that was a constant sum every year, but it wasn't a scholarship specifically for tuition or anything, just a lump of money you could apply to tuition or room and board or books (or get refunded, heh). It effectively was full tuition the year I started college, but due to yearly tuition increases wasn't by the year I graduated. :P (so my first year, I actually got a refund check for the difference...then by my fourth year, I was paying the difference). How would you list this? I had my mom look over my resume and she thinks I should just list it as full tuition (it's probably close enough, if you avg the 4 yrs). Originally I didn't even have any indication of amount listed, should I just keep it off?

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Resume question about listing scholarships

Postby bp shinners » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:38 pm

I'd just list it as full tuition, assuming that it was close enough and you used it for tuition purposes.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�