Not sending all of your transcripts

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jeff9

Not sending all of your transcripts

Postby jeff9 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:39 pm

Short and sweet: 2 community colleges and 1 University. I'd rather not send one of the community college transcripts.

1) How would the LSAC find out? I'm a pro at undergrad admissions but lsac.org is different. Just guessing but it looks like the Law School's depend on the LSAC to put together an accurate law school report and it looks like the LSAC just depends on the student to come forward with everything, correct? The financial aid office may take notice but that would be way after the admission process.

2) At what point do you "fill out" which schools you have attended? I'm assuming in the application for the actual school. It seems a tad unorganized in regards to transcripts.

jeff9 wrote:I have 0 classes from that school on my transcript (either of them), 0 loans from the school, 0 grants, and it was in a state in which neither of my 2 previous schools are in, the law schools I'm applying to, or the bar I will be attempting is in. It is always a smart move to be honest but it wasn't that crazy of a question. It especially didn't deserve insults.

^ comment from page 2
Last edited by jeff9 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scammedhard

Re: Not sending all of your transcripts

Postby scammedhard » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:52 pm

Since you like to number:

1) Law schools will rescind their offers of admission when they find out you were not entirely truthful, or, if already enrolled at one law school, you will be expelled;

2) LSAC will then be notified about the omission and a misconduct violation will be added to your file that will effectively render you unacceptable to any other law school (except perhaps Cooley);

3) In the unlikely scenario law schools do not notice the omission, when the C+F board examines your record (and it can easily do this from the Dept of Ed records or student loans records), your omission will be caught, and you will prevented from being able to take the bar, possibly for the rest of your life.
Last edited by scammedhard on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeff9

Postby jeff9 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:56 pm

You didn't answer how the "Law School" would find out? I'm assuming you think after the LSAC sends my CAS report the law school would do their own check to make sure it was all accurate...?

fwiw, I'm not implying this info is not available, I'm just wondering when/how the process would go down. If by chance you think this is unheard of, I do know someone personally that is a D1 athlete with eligibility when in fact he should not have any.

flcath

Postby flcath » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:59 pm

As a practical matter, retard, your CC work (or at the very least your presence there) will be reflected on your university transcript.

Moron.

NZA

Postby NZA » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:00 pm

If you're seriously thinking of doing this, please don't go to law school.

Thanks.

jeff9

Postby jeff9 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:03 pm

flcath wrote:As a practical matter, retard, your CC work (or at the very least your presence there) will be reflected on your university transcript.

Moron.

That is what I initially assumed, but it isn't. They have my 2nd community college, where I received an AA, and then my 2 years at their University. They do NOT have the 1st CC, because I never reported it to the 2nd CC (in a new state). I started over fresh. Your "practical matter" theory falls short.

I guess I should of stated the op more careful. ^ does this change it for you guys?
Last edited by jeff9 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NZA

Postby NZA » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 pm

jeff9 wrote:I guess I should of stated the op more careful. ^ does this change it for you guys?

No.

jeff9

Postby jeff9 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:05 pm

NZA wrote:If you're seriously thinking of doing this, please don't go to law school.

Thanks.

3.4 at the 2nd CC and 3.3 at the University, along with a 163 LSAT. I had a bad year frosh :(

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:07 pm

lol

scammedhard

Postby scammedhard » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:07 pm

jeff9 wrote:That is what I initially assumed, but it isn't. They have my 2nd community college, where I received an AA, and then my 2 years at their University. Why not the 1st CC, because I never reported it to the 2nd CC (in a new state). I started over fresh. Get it moron?

I guess I should of stated the op more careful. ^ does this change it for you guys?

If there is no obvious paper trail, then I think it is unlikely that law schools will catch it. But, as I stated, the bigger issue really is the C+F board.

jeff9

Postby jeff9 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:10 pm

So I should send all 3 transcripts despite the fact 1 of the 3 contributed NOTHING to my BA? understand why I should, it just seems so damn unnecessary. I almost anticipate them being confused.

The "paper trail" would have to be searched for. When you look at my transcripts you see 60hours from a CC and 62 hours from a University. Just 2 schools. ..... So despite getting a bachelors, going through LSAC, then law school, the C&F board still goes through your academic history?

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:11 pm

jeff9 wrote:So I should send all 3 transcripts despite the fact 1 of the 3 contributed NOTHING to my BA? understand why I should, it just seems so damn unnecessary. I almost anticipate them being confused.

The "paper trail" would have to be searched for. When you look at my transcripts you see 60hours from a CC and 62 hours from a University. Just 2 schools. ..... So despite getting a bachelors, going through LSAC, then law school, the C&F board still goes through your academic history?

Either send it in or don't bother with law school poncho

NZA

Postby NZA » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:13 pm

jeff9 wrote:
NZA wrote:If you're seriously thinking of doing this, please don't go to law school.

Thanks.

3.4 at the 2nd CC and 3.3 at the University, along with a 163 LSAT. I had a bad year frosh :(

Write an addendum.

Don't lie. Ever. About something as serious as this.

Bronx Bum

Postby Bronx Bum » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:13 pm

LOL thought this was going to be about COURT transcripts.

jeff9

Postby jeff9 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Deuce wrote:Either send it in or don't bother with law school poncho

Ya, I know. :hangshead: I just hoped maybe someone would come out with another viewpoint. I mean I remember people telling me to to alert the 2nd CC of the 1st, and then I remember being told to tell my University of the 1st CC. I just couldn't see how/why they would check and sure enough, they never did.

I will add that no one has offered an explanation of how/why/when the lsac or schools would catch on.
Last edited by jeff9 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flexityflex86

Postby flexityflex86 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:18 pm

it seems very easy for it to come out.

you can also get disbarred when youre an attorney. how bad are your grades?

scammedhard

Postby scammedhard » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:19 pm

jeff9 wrote:So despite getting a bachelors, going through LSAC, then law school, the C&F board still goes through your academic history?

The C+F board wants to know if you are an honest person, and one of the best ways to assess that is to look into your previous actions to determine if you were truthful or not.

With regards to how they will find out, there are at least three ways:

1) Boards require applicants to provide a Financial Aid History Report from the Dept of Ed. So if you took any financial aid (and everyone gets some, except international students), the report will show your omitted school.

2) Boards also ask for a Credit Report; so if you took any loans to attend the omitted school, they will find out.

3) Boards also cross check your academic history with records from the Dept of Ed using your name, SSN, etc.
Last edited by scammedhard on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

flcath

Postby flcath » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:19 pm

jeff9 wrote:
flcath wrote:As a practical matter, retard, your CC work (or at the very least your presence there) will be reflected on your university transcript.

Moron.

That is what I initially assumed, but it isn't. They have my 2nd community college, where I received an AA, and then my 2 years at their University. Why not the 1st CC, because I never reported it to the 2nd CC (in a new state). I started over fresh. Get it moron?

No, and you're still a fucktard.

Look, if you're skeptical of that we here on TLS are hysterical, then do this: walk over to your university's law school, get in contact with a recent graduate, and ask about the bar application process. They will tell you that they have had to account for every residence they have ever had, every job they've ever held, every arrest (expunged or not), and every school.

The bar does, in fact, call old employers (ask someone who has been fired from a waitstaff job and who's now applying for the bar if you don't believe me), and they will ask the (pre-LS) references you supply for additional people that you knew.

The first thing that every state bar C&F committee does is get a copy of your LS application, so you cannot expect to get away w/ reporting inconsistent facts.

NZA

Postby NZA » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:21 pm

jeff9 wrote:

Ya, I know. :hangshead: I just hoped maybe someone would come out with another viewpoint. I mean I remember people telling me to to alert the 2nd CC of the 1st, and then I remember being told to tell my University of the 1st CC. I just couldn't see how/why they would check and sure enough, they never did.

I will add that no one has offered an explanation of how/why/when the lsac or schools would catch on.

It doesn't matter if they will or won't catch on to your lie (and they will).

If you can't be open and honest, don't become a lawyer. Period. That is all.

None of us want someone who would be willing to lie like that practicing with us. So either act like an adult, or gtfo.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm

jeff9 wrote:

So you have a history of omitting information and you came here looking for someone to validate the continuance of this behavior? Keep moving. The bar does a much more thorough examination of your records and application that a school ever would, and it's the bar that can tell you to go fuck yourself and wipe their assholes with your application.

flcath

Postby flcath » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm

jeff9 wrote:I will add that no one has offered an explanation of how/why/when the lsac or schools would catch on.

If you seriously don't get it, here you go: law schools (and the LSAC) won't find out. They will make no attempt whatsoever to do so.

They also will never find out if you falsely say that you are African American (the admissions people don't see you when you finally matriculate), or if you talk about your 8 years in the peace corps that you never did.

The bar will, dipshit.

jeff9

Postby jeff9 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:it seems very easy for it to come out.

Fall semester: B, D, and 2 W's. Spring: B, F, 2 W's.

The B's were online classes, I essentially didn't go to class or even stay in that town. How does the LSAC calculate the W's and drops etc?

flexityflex86

Postby flexityflex86 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:25 pm

jeff9 wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:it seems very easy for it to come out.

Fall semester: B, D, and 2 W's. Spring: B, F, 2 W's.

The B's were online classes, I essentially didn't go to class or even stay in that town. How does the LSAC calculate the W's and drops etc?

doesnt care about those.

id just disclose it all and retake the test. your 3.3 is subpar anyway. a 2.9 and 3.3 aren't so different if you get a 170+

jeff9

Postby jeff9 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:26 pm

flcath wrote:
If you seriously don't get it, here you go: law schools (and the LSAC) won't find out. They will make no attempt whatsoever to do so.

They also will never find out if you falsely say that you are African American (the admissions people don't see you when you finally matriculate), or if you talk about your 8 years in the peace corps that you never did.

The bar will, dipshit.

If this thread got you this angry, I can only imagine how much fun you would be to work with. Judging by your photo I wouldn't be talking shit to anyone, online or in person.

Hawkeye Pierce

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:26 pm

LOL is this thread for real?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”