(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Postby EMZE » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:04 am

Last edited by EMZE on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Military Experience, whats it worth?

Postby Vronsky » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:13 am

I'm not sure how much it will help with law school admissions, but I know that it will help you once you're in law school. A student at my lower T2 snapped up a prestigious federal district court internship in SDNY right away, despite very median grades and the overall not-so-great reputation of the school itself.

if you retake and get 165, your numbers + decorations would make it worth an app to the lower T14, but i think you're still below median for them. As such, it might be worth it to target the middle T1.

Basically what I'm saying is that i don't think your military service will get you into a school that you wouldn't be competitive at with numbers alone (although it might), but your service is likely to get you a hefty scholarship at schools in the 165-range. It will also pay huge dividends for employment.... such that it may make sense for you to attend a T1 on a fat scholly rather than grasp for the lower T14 at sticker.

Re: Military Experience, whats it worth?

Postby Borhas » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:59 am

I think you have a decent shot at T1's if you apply early, in-state at UNC may be possible... William and Mary is probably out. Military experience is a big soft though.

Still, I think you should study the LSAT better, retake, and reapply next cycle

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”