Warning: Be Nice to 4th Tier Law Schools!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
niederbomb

Warning: Be Nice to 4th Tier Law Schools!

Postby niederbomb » Mon May 02, 2011 3:54 pm

I kept getting spam from Florida Coastal even after I politely asked them to stop.

I finially sent them another email with a few unpleasant lines about their school accompanied by another request to quit receiving spam. They forwarded it to the entire Top 14. I was told it wouldn't affect my status at the school I care about. But I just want to post this here as fair warning to anyone else considering responding to TTTT spam in a less than civil manner.

I also want to post this as a warning to those who (God forbid!) might be considering schools like Toledo, Cooley, Florida Coastal, Phoenix, or Akron.

These schools really are desperate, evil, and vindictive.
Last edited by niederbomb on Mon May 02, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glitter178

Re: Warning: Be Nice to 4th Tier Law Schools!

Postby glitter178 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:55 pm

niederbomb wrote:I kept getting spam from Florida Coastal even after I politely asked them to stop.

I finially sent them another email with a few unpleasant lines about their school accompanied by another request to quit receiving spam. They forwarded it to the entire Top 14. I was told it wouldn't affect my status at the school I care about. But I just want to post this here as fair warning to anyone else responding to TTTT spam in a less than civil manner.

wow. i want to read this email.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:55 pm

niederbomb wrote:I kept getting spam from Florida Coastal even after I politely asked them to stop.

I finially sent them another email with a few unpleasant lines about their school accompanied by another request to quit receiving spam. They forwarded it to the entire Top 14. I was told it wouldn't affect my status at the school I care about. But I just want to post this here as fair warning to anyone else responding to TTTT spam in a less than civil manner.

Just in general, how you treat people comes back to you. I know that's obvious, but yeah.

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Mon May 02, 2011 3:57 pm

Wow! That's amazing. Are you applying for next cycle or have you already finished this cycle?

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:59 pm

The question here is: what did you say?

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Mon May 02, 2011 3:59 pm

geoduck wrote:

Wow! That's amazing. Are you applying for next cycle or have you already finished this cycle?

Just finished my cycle, above both 75th at the T14 school I will ultimately attend, thank God.

glewz

Postby glewz » Mon May 02, 2011 3:59 pm

wow. i am so curious about that email.

czelede

Postby czelede » Mon May 02, 2011 4:00 pm

glitter178 wrote:

wow. i want to read this email.

This. Can we see this email?

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon May 02, 2011 4:00 pm

Subtle Texas-is-T14 trolling.

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Mon May 02, 2011 4:02 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:The question here is: what did you say?

I called them desperate scam artists deceiving unwitting students into 6-figures debt with terrible job prospects. As evidence of their desperation: the fact that they kept spamming after I had asked them to stop. Basically, most of what I wrote (about 3-4 sentences) could have come from here, the New York Times, or JD Underground.

Posting this will probably out me to the astute. Posting the entire email would out me far too much. So I will only paraphrase.
Last edited by niederbomb on Mon May 02, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Mon May 02, 2011 4:02 pm

what the hell did you say OP?

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon May 02, 2011 4:03 pm

rad law wrote:Subtle Texas-is-T14 trolling.

Also, don't put stupid shit into writing and send it to people you don't know who are (however loosely) associated with the people you want to know.
Last edited by beachbum on Mon May 02, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xcountryjunkie

Postby xcountryjunkie » Mon May 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Post the emails or this thread is useless...

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon May 02, 2011 4:03 pm

what did you type?

was it really that hard just to put it in your spam folder?

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Mon May 02, 2011 4:03 pm

niederbomb wrote:

I called them desperate scam artists deceiving unwitting students into 6-figures debt with terrible job prospects. As evidence of their desperation: the fact that they kept spamming after I had asked them to stop. Basically, most of what I wrote (about 3-4 sentences) could have come from here, the New York Times, or JD Underground.

That's pretty bad to say, but at the same time not super-horrible

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Mon May 02, 2011 4:04 pm

northwood wrote:what did you type?

was it really that hard just to put it in your spam folder?

this, too.

joemoviebuff

Postby joemoviebuff » Mon May 02, 2011 4:05 pm

Did they reply to your email? Or did you only hear about it from an adcom at your T14?

And, of course, are you still receiving spam from Florida Coastal?

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Mon May 02, 2011 4:06 pm

DeeCee wrote:
niederbomb wrote:

That's pretty bad to say, but at the same time not super-horrible

Pretty bad-ass, really. When you wrote your future school to make sure that this wouldn't affect your admission, did they give you a virtual high-five?

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:06 pm

joemoviebuff wrote:Did they reply to your email? Or did you only hear about it from an adcom at your T14?

And, of course, are you still receiving spam from Florida Coastal?

If I worked at florida coastal i'd send him everything I had every day until I got tired of it. Snail mail and email.

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon May 02, 2011 4:07 pm

did your school write you to let you know that they got the email from coastal?

weejonbu

Postby weejonbu » Mon May 02, 2011 4:09 pm

OP, copy and paste the actual e-mail so that everyone's curiosity is laid to rest.

In a related note, I wrote a similar comment in one of the Pre-Law magazine issues that was released. Of course, the comment went under "review" and was never posted. So sick of the pre-law deceptions going on everywhere.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon May 02, 2011 4:11 pm

If Texas doesn't care about those prostitutes you were with, the almost assuredly won't care about some email.

tooswolle

Postby tooswolle » Mon May 02, 2011 4:11 pm

wow this kind of thread makes me happy that I just ignored all those emails. Luckily this didn't come back to bite the op in the rear, but a true lesson to the rest of us.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:15 pm

I'm trying to imagine the reaction in the T14 admissions offices when they got the forwarded email. I guess it wouldn't reflect well on OP's maturity and professionalism, but it's not like the T14 adcomms are going to disagree with anything he said in the email.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Mon May 02, 2011 4:15 pm

Although I believe that your actions will always come back to you in some way, positive or negative, I think law schools act pretty crazy when it comes to admissions. They come on forums to read what future students say, and then call/email them about it if they don't like it and find out who they are (happened in UNC thread). T4's are contacting schools about you, OP. T14s sometimes call other schools to see what offers you have gotten in comparison to their offer (see UMich blog).

It's all very frustrating to me, although I don't think your choice of words was good, niederbomb
Last edited by DeeCee on Mon May 02, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”