Compilation - Useful Admissions Links

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5166
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Compilation - Useful Admissions Links

Postby Knock » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:02 pm

So there are a lot of really good threads floating around here, thought I would organize them into a single thread for ease of use. Please share links for threads you think should be included.

Big thanks to everyone who has contributed links, feel free to include more.

Employment Information

School Information

Information for Law Students

Information for Applicants

LSAT Information

Financial Aid Information

Miscellaneous Information

Legal News, Profiles, and Rankings
Last edited by Knock on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 49 times in total.

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 14039
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby dailygrind » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:09 pm

I've stolen this post to add in threads that posters think might be useful. Other mods can add to it as well, so if you see a thread you think should be memorialized, let a mod know and maybe we'll throw it in here.

Q&A With Former Admissions Officer

User avatar
tea_drinker
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby tea_drinker » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:11 pm

I was actually thinking of doing the same thing seeing your link from the other post. Great idea man! You may want to include this too even though it has been stickied in the other forum

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=150681

And, you should ask a mod to sticky this (well, you may already have).

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5166
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby Knock » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:12 pm

tea_drinker wrote:I was actually thinking of doing the same thing seeing your link from the other post. Great idea man! You may want to include this too even though it has been stickied in the other forum

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=150681

And, you should ask a mod to sticky this (well, you may already have).


Added, thanks for the link!

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5481
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:17 pm

Not threads, but useful information for debates that come up on TLS.

LSAC data on repeat LSAT performance
Performance on the LSAT by race, gender, region.
J.D. Enrollment by Gender (LinkRemoved)
Law degrees awarded by year (LinkRemoved)
Actually, the ABA statistics clearinghouse is useful so I'll just post the main link here: http://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal ... stics.html

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5166
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby Knock » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:20 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Not threads, but useful information for debates that come up on TLS.

LSAC data on repeat LSAT performance
Performance on the LSAT by race, gender, region.
J.D. Enrollment by Gender (LinkRemoved)
Law degrees awarded by year (LinkRemoved)
Actually, the ABA statistics clearinghouse is useful so I'll just post the main link here: http://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal ... stics.html


Awesome, added.



User avatar
gothamm
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:10 am

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby gothamm » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:28 pm

I will shamelessly derive much value from this thread while contributing absolutely nothing.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5166
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby Knock » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:28 pm

gothamm wrote:I will shamelessly derive much value from this thread while contributing absolutely nothing.


That's why I made it :wink:.

FiveSermon
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby FiveSermon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:29 pm

Someone sticky this

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 17219
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby bk1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Probably wanna find a better method of sorting (e.g. employment data, school data, LSAT statistics, etc, etc). I also think that you should just mix and match the TLS/non-TLS links. I can do it later tonight if you want.

User avatar
NikaneOkie
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby NikaneOkie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Wow!! thanks!

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2779
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby beachbum » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:31 pm

FiveSermon wrote:Someone sticky this

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5166
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby Knock » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:31 pm

bk1 wrote:Probably wanna find a better method of sorting (e.g. employment data, school data, LSAT statistics, etc, etc). I also think that you should just mix and match the TLS/non-TLS links. I can do it later tonight if you want.


Agreed. I'll probably try and do it by topic (ie: choosing a school, admissions, legal employment, etc.). If you want to sort it, go for it.

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7297
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:34 pm

gothamm wrote:I will shamelessly derive much value from this thread while contributing absolutely nothing.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 17219
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby bk1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:35 pm

Knock wrote:
bk1 wrote:Probably wanna find a better method of sorting (e.g. employment data, school data, LSAT statistics, etc, etc). I also think that you should just mix and match the TLS/non-TLS links. I can do it later tonight if you want.


Agreed. I'll probably try and do it by topic (ie: choosing a school, admissions, legal employment, etc.). If you want to sort it, go for it.


Sure. I'll get to it tonight or tomorrow around midday. I'll probably also anal-retentively edit the titles for uniformity and clarity.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5166
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby Knock » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:35 pm

bk1 wrote:
Knock wrote:
bk1 wrote:Probably wanna find a better method of sorting (e.g. employment data, school data, LSAT statistics, etc, etc). I also think that you should just mix and match the TLS/non-TLS links. I can do it later tonight if you want.


Agreed. I'll probably try and do it by topic (ie: choosing a school, admissions, legal employment, etc.). If you want to sort it, go for it.


Sure. I'll get to it tonight or tomorrow around midday. I'll probably also anal-retentively edit the titles for uniformity and clarity.


Perfect. I'll give you credit in the OP of course for helping out.

etlien
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:08 am

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby etlien » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:18 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
gothamm wrote:I will shamelessly derive much value from this thread while contributing absolutely nothing.


+1

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 17219
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby bk1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Employment Information

School Information

Tips for Students

Tips for Applicants

LSAT Information

Miscellaneous Information



Considering Deletion - Nothing against them but their data is either an awkward compilation, outdated, subject to change, obviated by another thread/link, etc
NLJ250 firms+fed clerkships: % grads w/ good jobs by school - There is a thread that already combines 2009 NLJ with 2009 Clerkship data and I'm just not a fan of combining the average of clerkship data from prior years with the current year's NLJ data.
Cost of Attendance for Top 54 Schools - This data is already outdated and changes pretty much every year. Do not like. (A more useful link would compile a list of links to the current CoA for each school.)
List of deposit deadlines and admitted student weekends - Same as above. Deposit deadlines may not change but ASW's do. I get that they are around the same general time but I feel like this jus clutters everything.
Top Schools for Wanderers - I don't find this to be very helpful since it doesn't actually give any useful information for choosing a school.
JD Enrollment by Gender (ABA) (LinkRemoved) - These can be found on the ABA page that is linked
JDs Awarded by Year (ABA) (LinkRemoved) - These can be found on the ABA page that is linked.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5166
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby Knock » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:55 pm

Thanks Bk! Updated OP to include your update.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 13278
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby Dany » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Knock wrote:School Information
Pictures of Law Schools

:D

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 13278
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby Dany » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:12 pm

I don't know if this is right for this thread, but I've seen people link this list of overviews of practice areas before and I thought it was really useful. Up to you!

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5166
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby Knock » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Dany wrote:I don't know if this is right for this thread, but I've seen people link this list of overviews of practice areas before and I thought it was really useful. Up to you!


Added, thanks Dany!

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Useful Links Thread [in progress]

Postby Gemini » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:24 pm

Wow, this needs to be stickied!




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests