Why are law schools allowed to send me spam E-Mail?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Craplicant150

Why are law schools allowed to send me spam E-Mail?

Postby Craplicant150 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Today I get messages from University of Richmond and Washington University asking me to apply for free. I sent back an e-mail to both institutions stating that I won't give them the pleasure of rejecting me.

Teoeo

Re: Why are law schools allowed to send me spam E-Mail?

Postby Teoeo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:03 pm

Why wouldn't they be?

rman1201

Postby rman1201 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:04 pm

Because you signed up for CAS, and gave schools permission to spam you based on LSAC Data.

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:08 pm

When you register with the LSAC they ask you whether you'll allow schools to receive your #'s and message you.

If you don't want this to happen you can go to LSAC.org and select no to the "release of information" option. Otherwise you will have to manually take yourself off each school's mailing list.

The major benefit of release of information is free fee waivers from various schools.

Craplicant150

Postby Craplicant150 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:07 pm

kapital98 wrote:When you register with the LSAC they ask you whether you'll allow schools to receive your #'s and message you.

If you don't want this to happen you can go to LSAC.org and select no to the "release of information" option. Otherwise you will have to manually take yourself off each school's mailing list.

The major benefit of release of information is free fee waivers from various schools.

Does mean they should prey on the weak to get their numbers up

Teoeo

Postby Teoeo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:44 pm

Craplicant150 wrote:
kapital98 wrote:When you register with the LSAC they ask you whether you'll allow schools to receive your #'s and message you.

Does mean they should prey on the weak to get their numbers up

Prey on the weak? lol wut

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”