How Should I Proceed

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

How Should I Proceed

Postby drmguy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:59 am

So I have been admitted to my top choice at sticker, which has a very reasonable in-state tuition, and thus far only a TTT with scholarship(still waiting for packet to know how much). I have received decisions from less than a third of the schools I applied to but given that I was admitted to my top choice I would like to try to negotiate for some scholarship.

Should I wait for more schools decisions to see if I get scholarship offers that can be used to negotiate or should I ask before then and then come back with other offers later and renegotiate?

Should I at least wait for the TTT offer and include that or would it look bad to come back again with other school offers and not just once asking and the second time with other school offers?

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: How Should I Proceed

Postby drmguy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:15 am

Anyone?

User avatar
robotclubmember
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:53 am

Re: How Should I Proceed

Postby robotclubmember » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:49 am

be patient.

User avatar
drmguy
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 am

Re: How Should I Proceed

Postby drmguy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Would it be too much to ask twice?

tourdeforcex
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:19 pm

Re: How Should I Proceed

Postby tourdeforcex » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:03 pm

probably too many questions so people did not read.

i would wait to see what your "market value" is, estimated by scholly offers from other schools. also, look around / ask around online to see if any others w/ your numbers are getting money from your top choice.

hope this helps.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CMac86, Google [Bot], VandyMan32, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests