6 Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sarahlawg

Silver

Re: Job + Defer + Retake vs. T-20 school sticker

Post by sarahlawg » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:37 pm

FiveSermon wrote:Is GW the only school that has non binding deferal? Been offered 105k at GW and I'm seriously considering deferring for a year because I'm in a similar situation with a 168/3.8ish GPA (not graduated yet). If I can break 170, I hope to ED to one of MVP (P or V preferably).
if you break 170, you won't need to ED. Keep the GPA and you'll most likely be in at those schools. get that lsat a bit over 170 and you'll have no problems.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:40 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:Is GW the only school that has non binding deferal? Been offered 105k at GW and I'm seriously considering deferring for a year because I'm in a similar situation with a 168/3.8ish GPA (not graduated yet). If I can break 170, I hope to ED to one of MVP (P or V preferably).
if you break 170, you won't need to ED. Keep the GPA and you'll most likely be in at those schools. get that lsat a bit over 170 and you'll have no problems.
That's turning out harder than expected with a serious bout of senioritis.

You really think with a 170/3.8 gpa one of MVP will bite? Preferably VP?

I might have a year of insignificant employment or just some weak volunteer work also if I can't find a job.

sarahlawg

Silver

Post by sarahlawg » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:47 pm

FiveSermon wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:

I might have a year of insignificant employment or just some weak volunteer work also if I can't find a job.
Yeah, assuming you put together a solid application. If you were going to ED with those numbers, I'd do it at CCN. But don't shoot for the 170. 175 baby!

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:00 pm

sarahlawg wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:
sarahlawg wrote:

Yeah, assuming you put together a solid application. If you were going to ED with those numbers, I'd do it at CCN. But don't shoot for the 170. 175 baby!
Well CCN has like 172-173 median lsat. I'd be dead in the water.

shotsfired12

Bronze

Post by shotsfired12 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:57 am

redacted.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”