Putting Law School On Delay

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
voteforyu

Putting Law School On Delay

Postby voteforyu » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:02 pm

-----
Last edited by voteforyu on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northwood

Re: Putting Law School On Delay

Postby northwood » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:07 pm

yes- the sooner and closer to when you attended college the easier it is to get professors to write a good letter of recommendation. They last 5 years from the date you post them, and will be available to you, should you decide to apply within 5 years. IF you have a chance to get a good letter from your boss, then you can get it, but i would get all of your letters ready now, so you dont have to wait for them when you decide to apply.

you can defer from one school. the specific rules are up to each school. however, if you know you wont be starting school in the fall, ii would not waste my time applying. best of luck!

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:08 pm

Schools won't let you defer an indefinite amount of time while you work another job. Whether a school would let you defer one or two years for this job depends entirely on the school, many of which evaluate requests for deferrals on a case-by-case basis. I'd recommend not applying until you actually intend to go.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:26 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Schools won't let you defer an indefinite amount of time while you work another job. Whether a school would let you defer one or two years for this job depends entirely on the school, many of which evaluate requests for deferrals on a case-by-case basis. I'd recommend not applying until you actually intend to go.

This. number of applicants is going down. this indicates that over the next few years it will not get harder to get into LS. eventually it may actually start to get easier.

voteforyu

Postby voteforyu » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:39 pm

Thank y'all! I'll be applying in a couple of cycles and will go ahead and get my recommendations ready in the meantime.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”