Transcript Update issue

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Transcript Update issue

Postby ElvisAaron » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:45 pm

I had my UG send an update with my fall grades, but for some reason LSACs report PDF has it showing 3 less credits than I actually have.(??!)
I emailed the registrar to see if they can confirm what was sent-my unofficial transcript that I can view online shows the full amount of credits...
Might not be a big deal (GPA didnt change) but in my eyes the 3cr less kinda makes it seem like I fucked off last semester and now have to take a heavy courseload this semester, which seems slacker-y and suspect.

Re: Transcript Update issue

Postby Sandro » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:04 pm

too much thought goes into transcripts and what law schools think about them. That being said, do what you have to do to ensure they have accurate transcripts.

Re: Transcript Update issue

Postby Verisimi » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:11 pm

It could just as easily be a mistake by LSAC. When I first sent in my transcripts it didn't count my study abroad credits. I emailed and called LSAC several times, eventually receiving an email saying that based on the nature of the credits they couldn't be converted. When I sent in my updated fall transcripts it suddenly had counted the credits, and I received a snail mail letter from LSAC 'thanking' me for bringing up the issue.....4 months later....

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”