Summer Legal Opportunity for 0Ls

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Summer Legal Opportunity for 0Ls

Postby gwuorbust » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi all,

some of you may have seen me in the lounge. I know a lot of you have been accepted to law school and are now considering what to do over the summer. With my business partners, I run a study abroad program in Panama. We propose that you consider a legal internship abroad for your summer plans.

We currently have four Panamanian law firms secured, which are:

[*]Firm one is focused on International Trade and Transactions, Corporate Law and Immigration Law. This firm is looking for three summer interns.

[*]Firm two is focused on Admiralty & Maritime Law, Immigration and Labor Law, and Real Estate. This firm is looking for two summer interns.

[*]Firms three and four are smaller firms focused entirely on Admiralty & Maritime Law. These firms are looking for one summer intern each.

A working knowledge of Spanish is necessary. This is a great opportunity to get legal experience abroad. The program runs for 8 weeks over the summer. The program covers housing, Spanish classes, insurance and weekend actives. In addition to being a great opportunity, Panama is a lot of fun and a great experience. There is a program fee to cover these costs. Anyone interested should submit their resume to

You can also consider the other opportunities we have available in Panama. These include a number of internships at other organizations, volunteer programs and Spanish Immersion programs. You can find out more about these programs [url]here[/url]. If you have any general questions, feel free to post them in this thread and I will answer shortly.

Re: Summer Legal Opportunity for 0Ls

Postby patrickd139 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:56 pm

Flame :lol:

Postby RPK34 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:10 pm

Actually seems like it'd be an incredible experience. Is the $5200 an accurate cost?

Postby vanwinkle » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:13 pm

Being a regular doesn't mean you don't get banned for spam.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”