Actually, a T3 school is not a dead end. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GATORTIM

Silver

Re: Actually, a T3 school is not a dead end.

Post by GATORTIM » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 pm

northwood wrote:SLY =Rambo= can overcome that obstacle with no problem. It would be easier for him if people were shooting rocket launchers at him while he was climbing those rocks
I think the dad from Harry and the Hendersons was pretty pissed at Sly and used a lot of futuristic weaponry/tracking devices to get Stallone off that mountain...to no avail.

analogous to TLS elitists using statistics from questionable sources (i.e. ABA) to attack us TTTers

leap_your_bar

New

Post by leap_your_bar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:59 pm

Didn't read through the whole thread but figured I'd add this. I'm trying to get into TTT law school part time & land a decent career during the day...sticker @ the PT program I want is 10 grand a year- I have a shitty clerical job right that I could probably pay that outta pocket, plus I have the backing of my parents. My initial plan was to try and score 165+ on the LSAT but things aren't clicking for me on a regular basis, although I have pt'ed in the low 160's. I took October and I'm at my TTT's 75th so I hope thats good enough, but I am taking again in Feb.

My point is that a TTT, under the right circumstance, isn't exactly a horrible option for some people (in any event). I figure the worst case scenario, I'll be a few grand in the hole and unemployed. I don't think there is anything else I wanna do with my life. I have a volunteer spot at a law firm, so I'm focusing on making as many connections as possible even before law school starts. For me, law school will get me out of the shithole I live in as well.

And FWIW, two friends of mine play in the NHL and their agent (who is a sports agent on the side, almost as a hobby) went to my TTT and he's a millionaire a few times over. I know another lawyer who went to M and it took him 20 years to make partner. I'm not expecting to make millions but some of it certainly is what you make of it.

BaronDetroit

New

Post by BaronDetroit » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 am

Certainly some elitist TLS folks have an abandoned and malignant heart. Others a depraved heart. All a T3/T4 student wants to do is to find claimants who feel somehow cheated and launch lawsuits. Don't discourage them! The more lawsuits the better remember that. Certainly, the enlargement of claimants and theories of claims will only give rise to lawyers ensuring their clients are appropriately compensated.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:02 am

can someone summarize this 10 page thread

thanks in advance!

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:03 am

BaronDetroit wrote:Certainly some elitist TLS folks have an abandoned and malignant heart. Others a depraved heart. All a T3/T4 student wants to do is to find claimants who feel somehow cheated and launch lawsuits. Don't discourage them! The more lawsuits the better remember that. Certainly, the enlargement of claimants and theories of claims will only give rise to lawyers ensuring their clients are appropriately compensated.
Dude, I can't fap to this.

If somebody on an internet forum can discourage somebody from law school - well then, that person shouldn't be going to law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:04 am

General Tso wrote:can someone summarize this 10 page thread

thanks in advance!
TL;DR: T3 actually is a dead end 99% of the time.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:05 am

what does fap mean?

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:06 am

northwood wrote:what does fap mean?
Say it over and over out loud. You'll understand.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:11 am

im an idiot........................

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mpj_3050

Bronze

Post by mpj_3050 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:18 am

General Tso wrote:can someone summarize this 10 page thread

thanks in advance!
Basically that a T3 MIGHT be a prudent choice given certain conditions, just like you and I discussed. If I start school next fall w/ 3k tuition and pretty low living expenses things may work out with 40k in debt and familial help.

This isn't a riverboat gambler bet of 40k just for one year, but it ain't 0 either.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”