Letters of Recommendation help

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
aj58

Letters of Recommendation help

Postby aj58 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:02 pm

So I am pretty much all ready to send in my applications but I am still waiting on one letter which should arrive in the next week or so but I really just want to get my applications out soon. My question is; Can I send my applications out and apply all my letters to the respective schools including the letter that has not yet been received and once LSAC does receive the final letter will all the schools then receive them?

joebloe

Re: Letters of Recommendation help

Postby joebloe » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:18 pm

I'm in exactly the same boat myself. My understanding is that if the unreceived letter is assigned to the app and necessary to meet the school's LoR requirements, the app will be held and not reviewed until the letter arrives. However, if the unreceived assigned letter is not necessary to meet the LoR count, the school may review your app before the LoR arrives. You may want to call individual schools as it's entirely up to them.

The risk I see with submitting and asking schools to hold on reviewing the app until the LoR arrives is... what happens should the LoR not arrive in a timely fashion?

For me, I'm waiting. I'm still drafting PSes and where I apply is going to depend heavily on where my December LSAT score falls, so... yeah.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”