Fitting all Undergraduate Schools on Application Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jd20132013

Silver

Fitting all Undergraduate Schools on Application

Post by jd20132013 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:15 pm

Sorry for the double post but couldn't find it via search.

Many applications(such as NYU) only provide a few slots to show the undergradute institutions you have attended. Now, I have attended my undergrad as well as attended a local community college for the summers of 2008 and 2009.

I don't want to document the time attended as May 2008-July 2009 as that looks like I attended the community college for a full year.

But there is no space for me to place the community college twice (i.e. once for May 2008-July 2008 and again for May 2009-July 2009)

How should one address this issue? Is it not a problem to go with the block representation?

Mr. T

Bronze

Re: Fitting all Undergraduate Schools on Application

Post by Mr. T » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Add an attachment - fill in what you can but then attach a nicely constructed word doc listing all school info. I had to deal with this also on several app's.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:39 pm

Mr. T wrote:Add an attachment - fill in what you can but then attach a nicely constructed word doc listing all school info. I had to deal with this also on several app's.
I just filled in all that I could, and figured they would see I had attended more schools with the full transcript. This is probably a better idea though, although it doesn't seem to have hurt me, at least so far.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:16 am

I think that your transcripts will be evidence of your specific attendance to schools, and you should just include schools once each, with the total range of attendance.

I graduated HS in '05.

My applications show:

XX Community College 02-05 (I had to take a course for my hs sport there in 02, and then I took a couple classes my junior/senior year so as to not overload too much on APs)

University XX 05-07

I just filled it out as it is. Adcomms deal with these situations regularly. I have faith they won't think that I was at a community college for three straight years, concurrent with my HS attendance....

sanctvm

New

Post by sanctvm » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:31 pm

I have the same problem.

Some applications specifically ask you to include an addendum if you have more schools then room for. So I created a clean, concise word document titled: Educational History Addendum and I'm going to include it will all my apps. It has columns for dates, school, location, GPA, Degree earned and hours worked.

Good Idea? Bad Idea?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sanctvm

New

Post by sanctvm » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:39 pm

sanctvm wrote:I have the same problem.

Some applications specifically ask you to include an addendum if you have more schools then room for. So I created a clean, concise word document titled: Educational History Addendum and I'm going to include it will all my apps. It has columns for dates, school, location, GPA, Degree earned and hours worked.

Good Idea? Bad Idea?
Sadly it looks like I went to a community college for 12 years. :(

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:26 pm

I've been accepted to schools in which I wrote in one box: State School & Community college
Then for study areas just wrote: Summer courses
Because I took summer school - two at a local state school and one at a cc one summer.

Just a guess, but I dont think they care much - they're probably looking at your LSAC report more anyways for grades and such. But if you make a nice spreadsheet addendum, that sounds good too. Probably more professional than the way I did it.

sanctvm

New

Post by sanctvm » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:08 pm

trudat15 wrote:I've been accepted to schools in which I wrote in one box: State School & Community college
Then for study areas just wrote: Summer courses
Because I took summer school - two at a local state school and one at a cc one summer.

Just a guess, but I dont think they care much - they're probably looking at your LSAC report more anyways for grades and such. But if you make a nice spreadsheet addendum, that sounds good too. Probably more professional than the way I did it.
Congrats on getting into UCLA.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”