Apply two cycles in a row?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
postn0bills

Apply two cycles in a row?

Postby postn0bills » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:35 pm

I'd really like some advice on this as for some reason I have been unable to find it thus far. I took the October LSAT and canceled, retook in December, and am unsure about the results. I've decided to keep the score and am currently waiting for it. Ideally, I'd like to start law school next cycle (2011), but if I bombed the LSAT (which is a possibility), I'd like to retake in June and apply for 2012. Is it OK to apply to a few schools for next cycle, and then if I get rejected because of my LSAT score, reapply for the next fall? Or is there some sort of a waiting period/process involved?

Also, what happens in terms of LoRs/transcripts? I have everything submitted already, but will I have to resubmit to LSAC should I have to reapply the following year? And would it be terrible to have the same LoRs and personal statement? Thanks guys!

krad

Re: Apply two cycles in a row?

Postby krad » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:38 pm

postn0bills wrote:I'd really like some advice on this as for some reason I have been unable to find it thus far. I took the October LSAT and canceled, retook in December, and am unsure about the results. I've decided to keep the score and am currently waiting for it. Ideally, I'd like to start law school next cycle (2011), but if I bombed the LSAT (which is a possibility), I'd like to retake in June and apply for 2012. Is it OK to apply to a few schools for next cycle, and then if I get rejected because of my LSAT score, reapply for the next fall? Or is there some sort of a waiting period/process involved?

Also, what happens in terms of LoRs/transcripts? I have everything submitted already, but will I have to resubmit to LSAC should I have to reapply the following year? And would it be terrible to have the same LoRs and personal statement? Thanks guys!

Yes, you can definitely do this.

I'm not sure about your other ?'s, I'd guess that the schools would want to see a new PS (I mean, you'll probably have done something in the year between apps) and if you had any changes related to transcripts you'd have to have those resent. Not sure about LORs/unchanged transcripts though, sorry.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:50 pm

People do this all the time. Including me. Its fine as long as you have a better LSAT score. If not, well its fine too I suppose.

gdane

Postby gdane » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Its definitely ok to reapply. Dont worry about it.

The LOR's are fine. You reattach them when you reapply. Dont worry that they're a year or so old. You can always get new ones if you want.

However, do write new personal statements. Please. It screams "lazy" if you submit the same statements.

So, new LSAT score and new PS/DS/Why X essays.

Same LOR and transcripts.

Good luck!

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:31 pm

you can keep and re use everything except your essays. re-write your personal statement, diversity statement, and try to add something fresh and exciting to your why school z statment.( If you are writing from the heart and really love teh school, keep it, but try to find somthing else to write about- or go visit the school and sit on a class or two and use that to tell them by taking the visit your desire to go there has been enhanced).

PS. It's pretty common to re apply. If you get dinged, contact the school in May ( once the peak admission decision season is over) to see what part of your application needs to be fine tuned.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”