Too Late/Early to Plead?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SisyphusHappy

Too Late/Early to Plead?

Postby SisyphusHappy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:06 am

Last edited by SisyphusHappy on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

sundance95

Re: Too Late/Early to Plead?

Postby sundance95 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:09 am

I can't imagine submitting a well-done Why Boalt? would hurt your chances, and it might help them.

robotclubmember

Re: Too Late/Early to Plead?

Postby robotclubmember » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:25 am

SisyphusHappy wrote:10 days ago, I submitted my applications to about 15 schools. It was a rush to get everything together and I didn't spend too much time researching the schools beyond lay knowledge/viewbooks/etc. As I've been obsessively refreshing my status pages in the last week, though, I've had time to delve deeper and Boalt is now probably my top choice. I love their PI program and their reputation for students who aren't competing with each other. Unfortunately, I didn't do anything to improve my chances of getting in there. I submitted my standard 2 page PS and didn't do anything school-specific. What should I do? Submit a "Why Boalt" addendum now? Wait to see if I get waitlisted to follow-up with a LOCI? Do nothing?

I'm a 169, 3.9x. Coming straight from UG with a long resume and founding/running student orgs. Decent story for my PS of starting a controversial event on campus and attempting to start a dialog as I dealt with threats of violence. Thoughts?

Better sooner than later (or not all). Berkeley likes reviewing this stuff early.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”