Is it too soon for a LOCI

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Is it too soon for a LOCI

Postby ptrpostma » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:18 am

I have been waitlisted at my absolute first choice after applying ED. Both of my numbers are at the 25%. Even though it is early December should I send in an LOCI immediately to reaffirm my continued interest or should I wait until later (late February/early March) after I have visited the law school so that I have more substance to my LOCI? Is it too soon to be sending in a LOCI?

Re: Is it too soon for a LOCI

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:23 am

I'd wait till atleast the first of the year.. Their acceptance batches are still prob coming out and they will deal with loci after a majority have been sent (I would think). Good luck with the rest of your apps

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:25 am

send one now, send one after the application deadline has past, send one after seat deposit is due. Keep reaffirming!

Postby downstream » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:53 am

There is really no right answer to this. I am one that always recommends the pre-emptive strike, the LOII in this case, or "Letter of Initial Interest." This can be taken one step further, the LOOTB, or "Letter out of the Blue" which helps quite a bit, I mean these people never get that many LOOTBs and you can get on their radar pre-application process that way. LOOTBs are best sent in seventh grade if you want to come across as prepared but not over-gunnerish. In case there is one or two full staff turnovers in the admissions office, it is best to send a traditional LOCI around sophomore year of high school which coincides with initial LSAT practice tests. You could send a LOCI during freshman year of college but this would interfere with your hornbook reading so I wouldn't recommend it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”