Addicted to Applications? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
deliriousxix

Bronze

Re: Addicted to Applications?

Post by deliriousxix » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:02 pm

I am SO SO glad somebody mentioned this because I am doing the same thing! applied to like 4 extra safetys :shock:

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:07 pm

mmm let's join forces! http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=139594

I'm at 17 with schools, debating 1 or 2 more... :shock:

Mountain Madness

New

Post by Mountain Madness » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:28 pm

This thread makes me happy. Glad I'm not the only one pulling my hair out and sending off multiple apps to places I never thought of applying to before.
When does the waiting stop?!?!?!
Just let me into one damn T3 and I'll be happy.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:30 pm

i just sent another one out. I told myself not to, but I dont want to have any regrets. Sure it costs $80 that I could have spent otherwise, but in the long run, whats an extra $80?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:39 pm

My addiction was cured by Berkeley. It's saving me money as we speak.

Just so I don't relapse, I deleted all my active applications.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

darkgreenfruit

New

Post by darkgreenfruit » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:03 am

Applied to UCLA& Northwestern (sans recommendation form and interview) b/c waivers and graciously took the waivers from Duke & Michigan though I was going to apply anyway.

Got another one from Vanderbilt the day I submitted applications. Was seriously tempted to apply but hoping that I won't have to go down the list so much (and give LSAC extra twelve bucks I could be using to buy myself a nice dinner).

hoopsguy6

Bronze

Post by hoopsguy6 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:14 am

You people are crazy. Don't apply to schools that you know for sure you wouldn't go to.

darkgreenfruit

New

Post by darkgreenfruit » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:18 am

But a law school waiver is like a tiny gift to my heart
Even if it does not go beyond the walls of my inbox
We apply to some of those schools paying twelve dollars
Because an extra acceptance is a bigger gift to the heart.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:42 am

hoopsguy6 wrote:You people are crazy. Don't apply to schools that you know for sure you wouldn't go to.
I am not sure that I wouldn't go to them. Just unlikely.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:34 am

darkgreenfruit wrote:But a law school waiver is like a tiny gift to my heart
haha +1.

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:00 am

swilson215 wrote:
darkgreenfruit wrote:But a law school waiver is like a tiny gift to my heart
haha +1.
Agreed. This is beautiful. +1.

calilaw

Bronze

Post by calilaw » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:18 am

I think I'm up to 17. I only broke my addiction when I got accepted to somewhere I would actually consider attending.

CSCS Trainer

New

Post by CSCS Trainer » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:35 pm

I think I've submitted 13 and have another 6-7 completed ready to go. I have an LSAC fee waiver, so $12 per is nice.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

edubs003

Bronze

Post by edubs003 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Gatorbull84 wrote:Im around 30 schools and if I dont start hearing back soon Ill probably get to 50
Same Here!!! I just keep getting fee waivers and figure "Why not? $12 isn't that much."

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:25 pm

calilaw wrote:I think I'm up to 17. I only broke my addiction when I got accepted to somewhere I would actually consider attending.
I'm in the same boat. Finished my first batch on Tuesday, 11 apps, and I keep having the urge to apply with the fee waivers I have just to make me feel better (I've been getting at least 5 or 6 a week since the LSAT, multiples from some schools). I know I'll just keep worrying until I hear back from at least SOMEWHERE (my initial batch of 11 are all schools I'd seriously consider). I know once I get in to at least one of them, the urge will stop.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:40 pm

If you're applying to a school you'd never actually attend, you need to slow down, breathe, and go spend that $12 on a meal.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:51 pm

or some relaxation medicine. If you are spending that money because you are having anxiety issues and need to hear a response from a school, then you should invest in some good relaxating hobby.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:08 pm

SBL wrote:If you're applying to a school you'd never actually attend, you need to slow down, breathe, and go spend that $12 on a meal.
I feel like there are very few law schools that I would "never actually attend" though, if I didn't get in to any of the 11 I picked for my first round, I'd go just about anywhere. I've wanted to go to law school since I was 6, and for what I plan on doing with my degree it's not exactly critical that I go to a T1 or anything, but it would be nice to get in to one of my top choices for geographic/financial reasons.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:14 pm

kjadkins wrote:
SBL wrote:If you're applying to a school you'd never actually attend, you need to slow down, breathe, and go spend that $12 on a meal.
I feel like there are very few law schools that I would "never actually attend" though, if I didn't get in to any of the 11 I picked for my first round, I'd go just about anywhere. I've wanted to go to law school since I was 6, and for what I plan on doing with my degree it's not exactly critical that I go to a T1 or anything, but it would be nice to get in to one of my top choices for geographic/financial reasons.
Then apply away. I just remember I applied to like 12-13 schools I liked, and then got nervous/bored waiting for results so I wasted money applying to schools like Minnesota and BC that I had no interest in whatsoever.

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:30 pm

I had been refraining from submitting more applications since my initial batch of 11 last week, but I caved today. I sent in 5 more. FWIW, three of them were schools that I almost applied to in the first batch who then sent me fee waivers in the past week and a half (I wonder if they can tell that you've initiated an application and then deleted it?). In any case, the fee waivers do their jobs... they tricked me into applying. But this is going to be my last batch. (I sound like a real addict...)

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:44 pm

I've applied to a TON of schools. I stopped before Thanksgiving, and was going to submit a few more but then I got three acceptances, so I kind of stopped thinking about it. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I got my first ding today (won't know for certain until I get the snail mail letter, but I'm 90% positive), and now I think I'm going to send out another 5 applications. GAHHHH.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:50 pm

swilson215 wrote:I've applied to a TON of schools. I stopped before Thanksgiving, and was going to submit a few more but then I got three acceptances, so I kind of stopped thinking about it. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I got my first ding today (won't know for certain until I get the snail mail letter, but I'm 90% positive), and now I think I'm going to send out another 5 applications. GAHHHH.
I'm hoping to get accepted SOMEWHERE soon and that the madness will stop after that. I just know I'll feel a whole lot better once I get in ANYWHERE.

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:00 pm

r6_philly wrote:My addiction was cured by Berkeley. It's saving me money as we speak.

How do you do this? I have a bunch of applications open cause I was looking for hidden fee waivers and now they are all in progress. So cluttered.

Nvm, turns out that though it is italicized and in light font, you can still click on it. Haha.

swilson215

Silver

Post by swilson215 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:07 pm

bartleby wrote:
r6_philly wrote:My addiction was cured by Berkeley. It's saving me money as we speak.

How do you do this? I have a bunch of applications open cause I was looking for hidden fee waivers and now they are all in progress. So cluttered.

Nvm, turns out that though it is italicized and in light font, you can still click on it. Haha.
If you can't click it, that means you have LORs and/or Evaluations assigned. If you "unassign" them, then you'll be able to delete the application.

ams

New

Post by ams » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:21 pm

Well, even if I'd be tempted to do this, the $12 would stop me. Can't bring myself to keep checking the status checkers; I'm aware my application is complete! I just look at lolcats? Just a thought people.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”