Non-traditional degree addendum. Whatchoothink?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NeighborGuy

Non-traditional degree addendum. Whatchoothink?

Postby NeighborGuy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:49 am

Although my 4 years after high school were spent in the military instead of a traditional college, I was not stopped from learning. At the end of my service, I discovered that I was already capable of challenging basic college courses with my existing knowledge. I began sitting CLEP exams with the intention of clearing general education credits and transferring to a traditional college, but soon discovered Excelsior College: a fully accredited institution in New York which does not limit credits earned by examination. I took the opportunity to earn credits as fast as my intellectual abilities allowed. My goal was to earn my undergraduate degree as efficiently as possible so that I might sooner focus on graduate studies and my ultimate profession.

I wasn't going to write an addendum, but an AdComm from my target school suggested it.

She also mentioned that her husband was in the military, and got his degree from Excelsior in the same way! :D THAT'S SOME GOOD NEWS.

Anyway, thoughts/criticisms?

Edit: I was thinking about throwing in a few words about how much more inexpensively I got my degree compared to traditional schools. Thoughts on this?

pwyoung

Re: Non-traditional degree addendum. Whatchoothink?

Postby pwyoung » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:51 am

It's a tad long.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”