Applying with only 1 LOR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Applying with only 1 LOR

Postby b_a_b » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:58 pm

I started reading this forum pretty late and did not realize how much of a difference it makes to get your application early. I told my LOR writers to just get their letters in by Christmas and now I'm realizing that may be too late. I have everything else ready to go and one LOR writer mailed his letter in last week. Would it be better to apply to schools that only require 1 LOR with the one I have now before Thanksgiving or wait until later December and apply with 2? I keep going back and forth over which option puts more at a greater disadvantage (one LOR or applying later in the cycle).

Re: Applying with only 1 LOR

Postby tourdeforcex » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:12 pm

first suggestion, be cool w/ your recommenders and see if they can get them in around thanksgiving. obviously, might not work but this could solve problems.

most schools require 2 and won't start evaluating app until all documents received.

as for your specific question, depends on how strong that LOR is. if it's average, submit now, maybe e-mail let them know another one is coming their way, if you'd like. if it's fantastic, apply later w/ 2

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”