Applied in October or November? When You Might Hear Back

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Applied in October or November? When You Might Hear Back

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:12 pm

Alright, so all of this information can be found on LSN, this is just organized a bit differently. These spreadsheets show the date people sent in their application and then the date they heard back sorted by acceptance/rejection/waitlist. Some schools have definite trends, others do not. All of the charts are now for October & November, except for Stanford because that spreadsheet is a shitshow. PM/post with any questions/problems :)

Michigan:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPDa_84M

UPenn:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CMmS2dcE

UChicago:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CMjohcYN

Stanford (only October because it's useless):
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CKKJhIQP

NYU:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPP1-r8L

Georgetown:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CKz8vtYE

Columbia:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CO_8zZoP

UVA:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=COra37MF
Last edited by 4102011 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:12 pm

dulcatis wrote:Alright, so all of this information can be found on LSN, this is just organized a bit differently. These spreadsheets show the date people sent in their application and then the date they heard back sorted by acceptance/rejection/waitlist. Some schools have definite trends, others do not. PM/post with any questions/problems :)

Michigan:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPDa_84M

UPenn:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CMmS2dcE

UChicago:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CMjohcYN

Stanford:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CKKJhIQP

NYU:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPP1-r8L

Georgetown:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CKz8vtYE

Columbia:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CO_8zZoP


Summary please? :P

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Knock wrote:Summary please? :P


The Stanford one tells you nothing, NYU is generally December, Columbia/Chicago are January, Michigan is November/December for admits.

That's all I remember. Laaazy knock XD

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:18 pm

dulcatis wrote:
Knock wrote:Summary please? :P


The Stanford one tells you nothing, NYU is generally December, Columbia/Chicago are January, Michigan is November/December for admits.

That's all I remember. Laaazy knock XD


Awesome, thanks DC. Feel free to replace the OP with this summary post.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Knock wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
Knock wrote:Summary please? :P


The Stanford one tells you nothing, NYU is generally December, Columbia/Chicago are January, Michigan is November/December for admits.

That's all I remember. Laaazy knock XD


Awesome, thanks DC. Feel free to replace the OP with this summary post.


<3

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby Fresh » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks d00d!

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby hipstermafia » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:34 pm

dulc, you are amazing.

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby Fresh » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:34 pm

BTW Stanford tells you you'll probably be rejected, but if you get the WL it'll be in April.

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby sgtgrumbles » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Now do it for November!

Seriously, though, this is enormously helpful. Thank you. Those damn TLS graphs are so difficult to read.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:36 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:Now do it for November!

Seriously, though, this is enormously helpful. Thank you. Those damn TLS graphs are so difficult to read.


I might do November after I'm done with midterms :) We'll see how altruistic I feel.

User avatar
St.Remy
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby St.Remy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:37 pm

Knock wrote:Awesome, thanks DC. Feel free to replace the OP with this summary post.


The spreadsheets show some other things too, like that Chicago sends out decisions in waves, but which wave you are a part of is not determined by how early you apply but rather by the date range in which you applied. It's definitely worth a once-over.

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby Deuce » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Thaaanks again dulc :) Hopefully I'll hear by December/January...If not, I'm boned :|

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:41 pm

dulcatis wrote:
sgtgrumbles wrote:Now do it for November!

Seriously, though, this is enormously helpful. Thank you. Those damn TLS graphs are so difficult to read.


I might do November after I'm done with midterms :) We'll see how altruistic I feel.


You should do other awesome schools you've neglected...ie: Berkeley!

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby AreJay711 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:21 pm

Gtown and NYU get back quickly. Were any of the above ED applications or were they mostly RD?

User avatar
lzyovrachievr
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:24 am

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby lzyovrachievr » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:21 pm

dulcatis wrote:
sgtgrumbles wrote:Now do it for November!

Seriously, though, this is enormously helpful. Thank you. Those damn TLS graphs are so difficult to read.


I might do November after I'm done with midterms :) We'll see how altruistic I feel.


PRETTY PLEASE?? <3

Nice job.

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:37 pm

hipstermafia wrote:dulc, you are amazing.

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby wiseguy33 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:56 pm

Wow, thanks dulcatis.

And what's up with those February/March Chicago decisions? Lame.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:10 pm

AreJay711 wrote:Gtown and NYU get back quickly. Were any of the above ED applications or were they mostly RD?


I tried not to include ED stuff but some might've slipped in there.

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby AreJay711 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:12 pm

dulcatis wrote:
AreJay711 wrote:Gtown and NYU get back quickly. Were any of the above ED applications or were they mostly RD?


I tried not to include ED stuff but some might've slipped in there.


Thanks. I concur that this is a great post btw.

User avatar
calvmpv
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby calvmpv » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:27 pm

THIS is amazing. Thank you!!
Gotta love TLS

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:29 pm

calvmpv wrote:THIS is amazing. Thank you!!
Gotta love TLS Dulcatis


FTFY! :mrgreen:

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:30 pm

Knock wrote:
calvmpv wrote:THIS is amazing. Thank you!!
Gotta love TLS Dulcatis


FTFY! :mrgreen:


<3

No problem guys, just thought I should share my obsessive spreadsheets with the world!

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Updated Chicago for November applicants, too. Will work on the rest as time permits :)

User avatar
beleaguer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby beleaguer » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:20 pm

...holy crap. you're awesome.

User avatar
acrossthelake
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Applied in October? When You Might Hear Back

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:32 pm

beleaguer wrote:...holy crap. you're obsessive and awesome.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 5 guests